o-t-dub

14 posts
8 users
5k+ views
chaga
March 7, 2012
Member since 11/24/2009 🔗
646 posts
close to 60 degrees today?! the only thing good about that is its a great day to ski the bumps on off the wall. some on xc skis!

http://vimeo.com/38127690
JohnL DCSki Supporter
March 7, 2012
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,611 posts
Nice.

Tell Doc to keep those moguls for two more weekends.
chaga
March 8, 2012
Member since 11/24/2009 🔗
646 posts
the only way those won't be there in 2 weeks is if they melt
SCWVA
March 9, 2012
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Originally Posted By: JohnL
Nice.

Tell Doc to keep those moguls for two more weekends.


No worries JohnL, the Bumps are still there.

David
March 9, 2012
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: SCWVA
Originally Posted By: JohnL
Nice.

Tell Doc to keep those moguls for two more weekends.


No worries JohnL, the Bumps are still there.



And looking good!!
JohnL DCSki Supporter
March 9, 2012
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,611 posts
I'll be testing them and my head out this Sat, Sun, Mon. crazy
wgo DCSki Supporter
March 9, 2012
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,827 posts
Dang that looks nice! I swear my leg almost feels good enough to get back on skis...gotta get off these crutches first, tho!
camp
March 11, 2012
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts


today was my first time ever skiing OTW,
pretty fun.
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,127 posts
OTW has hero bumps. I'm headed out soon for more.
SCWVA
March 24, 2012
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Ahhh......sun cupped bumps. Get them while you can!


Lower OTW



Upper OTW



Upper OTW




In less than a week, Salamander went from fully covered with snow to being dusty in places. What a crazy winter.
JohnL DCSki Supporter
March 24, 2012
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,611 posts
Quote:
What a crazy winter.


You mean, what a crazy summer.
SCWVA
March 26, 2012
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I'm hoping these weren't my last turns for the season. Friday was a beautiful day in the Valley. Went for a bike ride over in the CVI land after skiing. My legs were pretty cooked after riding, but luckily I made it back in time for happy hour at Chateau Red.

JohnL - Are you done for the season or are you trying to head out west?
JohnL DCSki Supporter
March 26, 2012
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,611 posts
Stick a fork in me. Whistler/Blackcomb or elsewhere in the PNW would be the only areas worth the $$ and time off. Plus I need to get back into shape before I do a road trip.
MephitBlue
March 26, 2012
Member since 11/8/2009 🔗
181 posts
Originally Posted By: JohnL
Stick a fork in me. Whistler/Blackcomb or elsewhere in the PNW would be the only areas worth the $$ and time off. Plus I need to get back into shape before I do a road trip.


Sorry to hear your season is over, but if there was a season to miss, it was this one. Perhaps the ski gods will look favorably on you and the rest of us for next season and give us a good winter this time.