Poconos and Plake
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
curih
January 11, 2010
Member since 02/18/2008 🔗
177 posts
They may not be getting the snowfall of WV, but the Poconos were beautiful this weekend.

We spent Saturday at Elk. Great as always. No lines, good bumps, good steeps. And we were able to ski their natural snow trail for the first time in a few years.

Sunday we tried Jack Frost for the first time. It's a nice little hill with some good steeps on skier's right. Most of their glades were open as well with packed powder and hardpack. They do need to let one of the expert trails bump up. It was customer appreciation day and we got to meet Glen Plake. The wife got her helmet autographed and he was skiing with the various ski school groups all day teaching them old school hotdogging tricks.
SCWVA
January 11, 2010
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Glen Plake will be at Whitetail this Wednesday.

Does anyone know where he's heading next? Seems to be heading south, Whitegrass maybe?
kwillg6
January 11, 2010
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,067 posts
Customer appreciation days? We have a demo day at t-line on Thursday..... Hmmm.... The last time I shared a chair with Glen was back in the 90s at t-line on one of our demo days. Could it be possible??????
rmcva
January 14, 2010
Member since 01/28/2004 🔗
187 posts
Any idea where Glen Plakes next stops will be - anything else local?
fishnski
January 14, 2010
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Originally Posted By: kwillg6
Customer appreciation days? We have a demo day at t-line on Thursday..... Hmmm.... The last time I shared a chair with Glen was back in the 90s at t-line on one of our demo days. Could it be possible??????

I think he makes the rounds every year...wasn't he at TL the year before last?..Did ya give him a few pointers Kwill? smile

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?