poconos
6 posts
3 users
fishnski
January 23, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
3 to 5 inches of new snow in the poconos...why doesn't DCSKI ever seem to mention these areas? When i lived in Beltsville ,MD I think it took me 3 hours & 15 Min to get there...
jimmy
January 24, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
andy, Maybe we need a road trip......elk, camelback, blue. wonder why they're just lurkin in the poconos? i bin lurking a lot lately. I've been to camelback, never seen the other two. When u leaving for WV?
Roger Z
January 24, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Elk's nice, but it's not actually in the Poconos. It's it's own little peak just north of that range. Dedicated Elk skiers get testy if you tell them their hill is in the Poconos. It's kind of like calling an Austrian a German, a Northern Virginian a southerner, or Marcus Vick a child molester. There may be truth to the statement, but the recipient just can't stand to hear it.
jimmy
January 24, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Ya it's nice to be in your own little place but how far is it north from camelback? Blue can't be more than an hour south?
fishnski
January 24, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Must be a good haul to the poconos for you Jimmi.Camelback has really modernized since i used to go there as a kid.They have taken a page out of Elks gameplan & have landscaped their slopes with tons of spruces.Elk has planted thousands of Norway spruces,I don't know what kind CB uses.The way they can contour the slopes & utilize the trees as blocks,fences.Beautifiers..ect...really gives the areas a Big Mtn feel....Well the storm has started in canaan & the Poconos should get a dose...I have a well water rig that just showed up at my place (canaan area)finally, so as much as i would like to head up to canaan with this latest storm,I think i will wait for the next one.Got tired of hauling tons of water up there just to flush the toilets...I did figure out that if you drank enough Beer you could(if held long enough) flush yourself! Anyway thanks for asking...PS Blue Mtn on a weekday only, I have been told...1000' vert!
Roger Z
January 24, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
It's a solid 45 minute ride from Scranton if I recall. Anyway, it's out there- nothing but farm fields to the south. It might even be a Monadnock of sorts.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?