Blue Knob Improvements
9 posts
7 users
2k+ views
Eug
December 30, 2009
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
I saw a link before describing the new improvements made at Blue Knob but I can't seem to find it now. Their site only mentions the upgraded restaurant.

Something about a new chef, trail widening, trail lengthening and additional snow making guns.

Has anybody been to BK lately? Is it a little better? What's new?

Thanks
appskiah
December 31, 2009
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
88 posts
trail widening would not be an improvement wink
savelaurel
December 31, 2009
Member since 01/6/2009 🔗
5 posts
Speaking of BK. I just learned that their chair lifts might have not passed inpsection by L&I. Surface lifts only. Can anyone confirm?
Eug
December 31, 2009
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
I thought 'anything' is an improvement in BK :-)

A while ago, in these forums, there was a pretty vocal BK basher/enthusiast, Mountain-something. Haven't heard from him/her in a long time...
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
January 1, 2010
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Originally Posted By: savelaurel
Speaking of BK. I just learned that their chair lifts might have not passed inpsection by L&I. Surface lifts only. Can anyone confirm?

I think it might be Denton that is operating on surface lifts only. Their web site says as much and that they anticipate more lifts soon. BK list trails open that are chair serviced. I don't think BK has any surface lifts that still operate.
flyingrabbit
January 4, 2010
Member since 01/4/2010 🔗
1 posts
with the closing of 2 and a half glades and the opening of ANOTHER one on the west side, I don't know where BK is taking this whole improvement thing. Trail widening would be kinda OK on a few trails, especially the bottom of Route 66 since that's not really a trail but a opening caused by the lift, but definitly not Shortway. I'm probably offending a bunch of purists who think that Blue Knob should continue the way of the 40's but BACK OFF! Blue Knob needs any improvement it can get, except for the chef, that's just retarded.
gtop
January 4, 2010
Member since 11/5/2008 🔗
34 posts
What Blue Knob needs is lodge expansion. It's hard to find a place to sit at times due to the size of the lodge. Also it seems alot of people reserve tables for the whole day by putting all their crap on them
liketoskidad
January 4, 2010
Member since 10/19/2007 🔗
29 posts
I have always wondered if they could place a new lift to the left side of Stembogen as you look up the hill up towards the snow tube parking. This would open a new section of the mountain. Does anyone know if they own that property?
Eug
January 5, 2010
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
Originally Posted By: gtop
What Blue Knob needs is lodge expansion. It's hard to find a place to sit at times due to the size of the lodge. Also it seems alot of people reserve tables for the whole day by putting all their crap on them

This seems to be a common technique, from what I have seen, in Whitetail and Liberty.

The way I see it, if the table is open (regardless if the table has been 'claimed' with coolers, portable electric hibachis, duffle bags, slow cookers, tupperwear trays, etc) I/we are using that table. I don't care if they have their crap on it and claim that it is their table.

It drives me crazy when I see these tables 'camped out' when there are people, families with kids walking around looking for a place to sit after buying their $5 hot dog.

This was especially annoying at Whitetail, upstairs and downstairs, last year during the weekends. People did not just 'claim' a small area. They put their crap on half of the table and sat on the other half, where there was more room, for them. I guess you can tell that this drives me crazy.

Back to BK, I kind of like its 'rustic' quality but I hate walking from the lifts towards the wooden stairs at the lodge when the ground around it is iced up. It is a pain. That should be the first cheap improvement.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.