Pennsylvania Ski Tour
3 posts
2 users
jimmy
June 6, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Now that the hair on everybody's shins has grown back in (sorry Vesty [Wink] ) can we talk a little about next season? Here's the question- if you were going to ski 10 different hills in PA, which ten and what order? Let's leave travel and conditions out of our considerations and we'll assume that Laurel Mountain will open next season. Sound like fun?

Only six months til ski season
Jimmy
JimK - DCSki Columnist
June 7, 2004
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Jimmy, how about this out of Wheeling - a one week motor-ski tour of western PA, MD and WV ski areas, more or less in the following west to east and north to south clockwise order: Seven Springs, Hidden Valley, Laurel Mtn, Blue Knob, Wisp, Canaan Valley, Timberline. That would make for a busy seven days at a bunch of pretty decent ski areas all in your neck of the woods. I'm not sure if it would make your head spin to stay in a different motel each night or maybe just pick a centrally located one in say, Somerset PA, and commute 30-90 minutes each day to a different ski area.
jimmy
June 14, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Thanks JimK, What i expected was a hypothetical ten best tour. Your idea reminds me of something more HS Thompson-esque. Fear and loathing in Pennsylvania.
Funny you ask about spinning head/different hotel. Last summer we did a driving tour of Colorado; Denver, Pueblo, Montrose, Cortez, Grand Junction, Vail, Estes Park and back to Denver. Something like eight hotels in 9 days. I thought this was nuts but it was really a great trip, even if it was summer.
How about this- We'll stay in Donegal PA, ski 7 Springs& Laurel Mountain, from there we'll spend the night near Altoona and ski Blue Knob. Now we run up to I-80 and head for the Poconos, centrally locate ourselves and ski Montage, Elk, Camelback and Blue Mountain. From there we'll head for Middletown MD, crash at little brother's and ski Liberty, Roundtop and head home from Whitetail. Wish I could figure out a way to squeeze Ski Denton in. Maybe Roger Z could help w/that.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?