Laurel Highlands Skiers: Where will you go?
10 posts
5 users
1k+ views
JCHobbes
June 7, 2006
Member since 09/12/2005 🔗
94 posts
With Hidden Valley in "financial turmoil" and the prospects of Laurel Mountain being open looking glum, my parents and I have purchases passes for 7Springs this year.

We've been pretty faithful HV and LM skiers for quite a while now, but the prices for 7Springs passes went up at the beginning of the month, and at the time, there weren't any other options, so that's what we went with.

How about the rest of you? Will I be having other Hidden Valley faithfuls joining me over at the springs this winter?
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
June 7, 2006
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,578 posts
The lift lines and crowds on the slopes are going to be unbelievable at the Springs. I may just do cross country skiing.
hockeydave
June 7, 2006
Member since 06/30/2004 🔗
780 posts
If HV & LM don't open, I'll be parking my dupa (for those not of eastern European descent, that would be my butt) on a Bombardier Ski-Doo on weekends. I did buy a midweek pass @ 7S. No way in he!! will I fight the steerage @ 7S on the weekends if LM and especially HV don't open.

BTW - I'd still say there is a glimmer of hope that LM will reopen this Winter, but I know for certain 7S definitely won't be operating it. And by the way, for those of you who are so opposed to 7S & slots, there couldn't possibly be a more true family friendly place than LM. So if LM does open, give it a try, especially if there is natural snowfall-a-plenty.
BushwackerinPA
June 8, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Quote:

With Hidden Valley in "financial turmoil" and the prospects of Laurel Mountain being open looking glum, my parents and I have purchases passes for 7Springs this year.

We've been pretty faithful HV and LM skiers for quite a while now, but the prices for 7Springs passes went up at the beginning of the month, and at the time, there weren't any other options, so that's what we went with.

How about the rest of you? Will I be having other Hidden Valley faithfuls joining me over at the springs this winter?

Snowbird;)
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
June 8, 2006
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,578 posts
Hey Bushwack - I guess we won't be seeing you on the HV slopes this year. Once you been to the mountain your not going to return to the Valley, as they say. Unfortunately, most of us are no longer as young and as free as you, so we're stuck here except for our week or two ski vacations. So ski a few runs at Snowbird for us.
BushwackerinPA
June 8, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Yeah I wont be here much at all. Working at Snowbird is relly hard to pass up. Maybe over thanksgiving and then again at the End of Janurary. I HV went under(its not) I would go to BK first or Springs sure the chairs are crowded at springs but you can allways find uncrowed slops or go into the tree peak season.

Also an option alotta of you arent thinking of is to buy AT/tele gear and skins. The elevation nad hills are so low around here, it should b minimial work for the reward.
warren
June 9, 2006
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Bushwack,
Quote:

The elevation nad hills are so low around here

You are not kidding. I skied Summit County, Colorado for the first time last season. Talk about elevation We were at about 12,000 feet while in the bowls It makes the Mid-Atlantic hills seem like they're at sea level

-Warren-
BushwackerinPA
June 9, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Quote:

Bushwack,
Quote:

The elevation nad hills are so low around here

You are not kidding. I skied Summit County, Colorado for the first time last season. Talk about elevation We were at about 12,000 feet while in the bowls It makes the Mid-Atlantic hills seem like they're at sea level

-Warren-

yes Colorado is high, but yes Colorado is also flat. Of the 3 states I skied it appeared to be the flattest and A-basin was fun but yeah pretty flat. Mammoth has decent steeps, but come to snowbird if you call youself an expert skier or advance skier, it will rediffine your meaning of "steep".
warren
June 12, 2006
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Bushwack,
The Bird is one of my favorite resorts I find myself spending a LOT of time in Mineral Basin and in Little Cloud

-Warren-
BushwackerinPA
June 12, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Quote:

Bushwack,
The Bird is one of my favorite resorts I find myself spending a LOT of time in Mineral Basin and in Little Cloud

-Warren-

Assuming the tram isnt crowded Silver Fox area is my fav, after that just where ever the snow is soft.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.