Utah in April...
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
k_alice
April 13, 2009
Member since 11/22/2005 🔗
92 posts
When I booked a townhouse in Utah for April 2009 over one year in advance, I would have never guessed we'd have such vast amounts of snow or spectacular conditions! As it happens, we spent a blissful week exploring Brighton, Solitude, Alta, and Snowbird. The only disappointment was the white-out conditions at Alta, otherwise we had blue skies, plenty of powder (I desperately need a powder lesson - my kids, on the other hand, are ready to dive into anything), and stunning vistas. I'm even tempted to say the scenery beats what I saw last year in Colorado (Beaver Creek and Copper). And it wasn't even hard to find beer! smile

And warm thanks to whoever posted information about the "5th graders ski free in Utah" pass, back in November, since that saved us (and our friends) a bundle of money in lift tickets. (For future reference, there is also a 6th grade pass, but it includes fewer vouchers.) Although we managed to find some good deals while there - $29 adult lift tickets at Brighton with a donation to the local food bank!

Combined with a week-long trip to the French Alps (les Menuires) in March, I think I'm ready to pack up my skis until next year...
UTFriend
April 13, 2009
Member since 04/13/2009 🔗
1 posts
- of course you had a good time! Utah is the best in all ways - just don't tell anybody in future. Ohhhh sorry someone once said Alta and Deer Valley blows - oopps never heard from that guy any more.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
April 14, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Welcome, UTFriend, to DCSki. Tell us about yourself. Are you from Utah or here in the Mid-Atlantic? Age? Where ski around here?
Again, WELCOME!
Please take the "Where Ski This Year" poll.
The Colonel smile
BushwackerinPA
April 15, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
powder lesson

dont slow down and always turn ski on fat skis.

If I had to guess you were over turning and slowing down to much. trying to be aggresive and go faster makes it way easier!
crunchy
April 16, 2009
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
still dumping in slc. i think another 3' over the past 2 days. pretty much for the past month its been dumping cats and dogs. base is like 175"!!... skiing well into may at the bird!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?