For those of you traveling to UT this weekend...
7 posts
4 users
2k+ views
Crush
February 26, 2004
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
Were getting hammered!!! It's pukin' outside! Two feet is possible by Sat. morning.

----------
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SALT LAKE CITY UT

400 PM MST THU FEB 26 2004

.SYNOPSIS...A LARGE PACIFIC LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT THE AREA TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY.

...WINTER STORM WARNING THROUGH FRIDAY...
TONIGHT...COLDER...BREEZY... SNOW THEN SNOW SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT ACCUMULATION 6-10 INCHES. LOWS AT 8000 FEET NEAR 20. EVENING SOUTH WINDS 15-25 MPH.
FRIDAY...SNOW... ACCUMULATION 5-9 INCHES... HIGHS AT 8000 FEET IN THE LOWER 20S.
FRIDAY NIGHT...SNOW... ACCUMULATION 6-12 INCHES... LOWS AT 8000 FEET NEAR 15.

KevR
February 26, 2004
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
Oh, cool, leaving Saturday AM. Hope the aero-port is open.

well can't ski deep powder, se la vie...

guess some practice won't hurt!!

will be in at alta, snowbird, brighton, solitude... Look for the guy with black pants & red jackie...

;-)

Crush
February 26, 2004
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
Grooovy KevR ! U picked an awesome weekend.. just get some Salmon Pocket Rockets, keep your feet close together 60/40 weight distribution, and rock on my friend! Wail 'till you bail! :-) I'm outta here!
comprex
February 27, 2004
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Solitude, 'Bird, Alta, Basin and whatever else we can get to (PCMR/Canyons/PowMow).

I'll be the one that skis like granpa.

snowbird
February 28, 2004
Member since 02/28/2004 🔗
51 posts
leaving for utah a week from tomorrow. it will be the second trip out there this season and the 5th in the last 3 seasons. i hope we arrive to utah the way we left it tons and tons of snow. we were there from christmas to new years when the huge storm rolled through and there was sooooo much powder. lots of the locals say that it was the best storm in over a century. for those of you going that dont have much powder experience therez plenty of groomers out there for you.
yall have a great trip and if you are there between march 6 to 13 ill be out there.
snowbird
February 28, 2004
Member since 02/28/2004 🔗
51 posts
http://biglines.com/photos_large.php?picid=19660
thats a pic from the trip to utah in dec. it doesnt really show you dept but it was 50+ inches of freshness out there espically back in mineral basin which had been closed the previous few days due to avvy control.
KevR
February 28, 2004
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
i am here, safely ensconced in Sandy (SLC), with its highest marriage rate in the nation (79% of adults) and its youngest median age (22). Yes the land of suburban strip malls stares bleakly back at me from my hotel window...

BUT it has been snowing non-stop in the city, although the result seems to be limited accummulation. In the mountains it's a different story -- snow accumulation totals for the WEEK are approaching the 50-60 inch mark by sun/mon if the weather pattern holds

Yes -- that's 60 INCHES of fresh snow! Snow totals for some are cresting 425 inches for the year with bases above 125 inches. They may have snow into JULY (it was suggested to me July 4 wasn't completely unrealistic)

Tomorrow is Day 1. Up on the bus -- now the big question, Alta, Snowbird, Brighton or Solitude?

I am slightly favoring Brighton or Snowbird for Day 1. If I were a really accomplished powder skier, I'd probably hit Alta first as they favor it la natural. But I am not so I need the cruch of a few groomed trails to see me through.

If you are looking for Winter, he's here. Maybe he converted?

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?