Frederick News Post DCSki.com member in Paper
17 posts
12 users
2k+ views
JamieGrose79
March 4, 2009
Member since 01/10/2009 🔗
108 posts
I wanted to send everyone here at DCSki a link on the update from my Ski Marathon that I attended at Ski Roundtop on February 21st. The Frederick News Post was contacted by a friend of mine and they decided to run an article on my win at the Ski4Life marathon. Hopefully this will lead to other skiers and boarders getting involved next year to help raise some funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I have added the link below if you are interested in reading what they have written about the event. They messed up a bit with the amount of miles in the marathon because they tried to divide vertical feet into miles. Opps. Oh well. My main goal to raise awareness carried through in the article and that is what was most important to me. Thanks for all the support from the members here at DCSki.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?StoryID=87217
tgd
March 4, 2009
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
Congrats Jamie! and a really nice article too. Thanks for sharing and contributing so much of your time and heart to a worthy cause.

Tom
JamieGrose79
March 4, 2009
108 posts
No Problem. Like I said before. I sometimes act like a fool on here, but I try to do the right thing as much as possible. Hopefully this will inspire some others to get involved with some charitable events skiing or otherwise. It seems like if we all make a small contribution towards the good of others we can make the world a little bit better. Especially with all of the doom and gloom we hear on the news and in the papers. I found that doing this really keeps everything in perspective.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 4, 2009
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Well played sir!
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
David
March 4, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Jamie, that's the ugliest jacket/pants combo that I have ever seen!!! smile smile smile smile

Thanks for you efforts!! It is good to see skiers out there making a difference in the fight against cancer. As a cancer survivor myself I really appreciate every little bit that people do to find a cure for this terrible disease.

Awesome job!!!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 4, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Jamie,
Wonderful article, not only about a most deserving cause, but also about you. I know you made the point that sliders can use their passion for their sport to help others. I really applaud your giving the xbox prize to those that need it the most.
Another DCSkier that is always out there helping those less fortunate is Connie Long, very much involved with the Wounded Warriors program for our injured veterans.
The two of you set an expample for us all.
HUAH....or however it is spelled.
The Colonel smile
Jimski
March 4, 2009
Member since 03/5/2008 🔗
44 posts
Wow, you're a young dude. Nice article. And nice job! You give skiing a good name.
KeithT
March 4, 2009
Member since 11/17/2008 🔗
383 posts
Well done Jamie! Also, doing this at Roundtop with its shorter vertical makes the achievment all that more impressive to me.
JamieGrose79
March 4, 2009
108 posts
Thanks for all the compliments. You guys are a good support group to rely on. As for my pants and jacket combo I just can't help myself. I gotta show some steeze for the younger sliders. Just because I am loosing my hair doesn't mean I have to sacrifice my ugly styles. LOL.
RodSmith
March 4, 2009
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
Yea Jamie! Can we get this guy more that two stars now!? I'd vote you up, Jamie, but I think my ability to rate other members went away when my rating dropped below 4 stars. Not that it matters, but I think Jamie deserves better.
kennedy
March 4, 2009
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
Nice job. 14 hours is pretty outstanding. My legs are usually burnt after 4. I think the pants jacket combo looks good. DCSkiers don't be afraid of a little color, it makes you more visible to the gapers. I bought a pair of 686 pants this season that were black with green plaid, looked great but they ripped in CO. 686 kindly replaced them with a different pair that look equally awesome.
KeithT
March 4, 2009
Member since 11/17/2008 🔗
383 posts
Jamie, is that a Massanutten logo on your jacket?? laugh

Sorry, I could not resist.
JamieGrose79
March 5, 2009
108 posts
Thanks Rod for the request for additional stars for me. Someone just pimped my profile. Sweet.

I don't see the Massnutten badge on my jacket. Lol. I have seen some skiers with all kinds of patches from the resorts they have skiied at. I wonder if I should make myself a gaper badge jacket in the near future. Know any local resorts that sell patches of their resorts? I think that would be pretty funny to collect and wear out on the slopes evey once in awhile.
SCWVA
March 5, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Good job Jamie! I might actually give you some more stars, even if you work for Jennings. shocked wink smile
fishnski
March 5, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
This Goody goody Gushy wushy total backflip from the Early Hate posts is Naushous...sickening...Hey Jamie...I liked you better as "The Jerk"..You've achieved your celebrity..you got some stars..now get back to the buis of shocking these folks..live up to your name.."Mr. GROSE"..I can't stand being bored to death with this love fest!...
Fleetwood
March 6, 2009
Member since 12/6/2008 🔗
69 posts
Very nice Jamie. Be sure to give DCSki a heads up before next year's event. I think your pants/jacket combo are fine. smile
JamieGrose79
March 6, 2009
108 posts
I posted a heads up on the board here about a month or so before the event. I think the economy has everyone down and out a bit. Plus the post gets burried pretty quickly that time of year so its hard for people to find. Next year I am planning to try it again, so hopefully we get some good stimulus going soon, or we wont be skiing if the whole nation collapses in on itself. LOL. Just a joke. I hope anyways.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?