Blue Knob GTG- Feb. 21-22 Roll Call!
21 posts
10 users
5k+ views
JohnL
February 17, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,514 posts
OK you num nuts, let's try a roll call Epic Ski style. Just cut and paste the previous reply list and add your response at the bottom.

JohnL - Skiing Sat, Sun, Monday bonus day (or possibly Whitetail on the bonus day.) Staying on the mountain Fri-Sat-Sun evenings.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter
February 17, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,098 posts
The Colonel plans to ski Sat, maybe Sunday. Not sure where staying.
BushwackerinPA
February 17, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Ill be there sunday with some Blue Knob newbies.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter
February 17, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
1,837 posts
JohnL - Skiing Sat, Sun, Monday bonus day (or possibly Whitetail on the bonus day.) Staying on the mountain Fri-Sat-Sun evenings.

The Colonel plans to ski Sat, maybe Sunday. Not sure where staying.

LHC - Skiing Sat, Sun staying Sat. night with the JimK, DCSki gang

Mrs. LHC and son - skiing Sun

Marcus and Daughter - skiing Sun

August West (Gerrad from last year) and skiing buddy - skiing Sun
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
David
February 17, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
JohnL - Skiing Sat, Sun, Monday bonus day (or possibly Whitetail on the bonus day.) Staying on the mountain Fri-Sat-Sun evenings.

The Colonel plans to ski Sat, maybe Sunday. Not sure where staying.

LHC - Skiing Sat, Sun staying Sat. night with the JimK, DCSki gang

Mrs. LHC and son - skiing Sun

Marcus and Daughter - skiing Sun

August West (Gerrad from last year) and skiing buddy - skiing Sun

David staying Fri, Sat, Sun. Skiing Sat, Sun, & Monday if conditions are still good. I'll also be a BK newb. Please take it easy on me guys!!
JohnL
February 18, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,514 posts
JohnL - Skiing Sat, Sun, Monday bonus day (or possibly Whitetail on the bonus day.) Staying on the mountain Fri-Sat-Sun evenings.

The Colonel plans to ski Sat, maybe Sunday. Not sure where staying.

LHC - Skiing Sat, Sun staying Sat. night with the JimK, DCSki gang

Mrs. LHC and son - skiing Sun

Marcus and Daughter - skiing Sun

August West (Gerrad from last year) and skiing buddy - skiing Sun

David staying Fri, Sat, Sun. Skiing Sat, Sun, & Monday if conditions are still good. I'll also be a BK newb. Please take it easy on me guys!!

BWPA skiing Sunday with some Blue Knob newbies.
jimmy
February 18, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
JohnL - Skiing Sat, Sun, Monday bonus day (or possibly Whitetail on the bonus day.) Staying on the mountain Fri-Sat-Sun evenings.

The Colonel plans to ski Sat, maybe Sunday. Not sure where staying.

LHC - Skiing Sat, Sun staying Sat. night with the JimK, DCSki gang

Mrs. LHC and son - skiing Sun

Marcus and Daughter - skiing Sun

August West (Gerrad from last year) and skiing buddy - skiing Sun

David staying Fri, Sat, Sun. Skiing Sat, Sun, & Monday if conditions are still good. I'll also be a BK newb. Please take it easy on me guys!!

BWPA skiing Sunday with some Blue Knob newbies.

Jimmy Staying FRI SAT, sun mebbe, Skiing SAT SUN, mon mebbe
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 18, 2009
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,698 posts
JohnL - Skiing Sat, Sun, Monday bonus day (or possibly Whitetail on the bonus day.) Staying on the mountain Fri-Sat-Sun evenings.

The Colonel plans to ski Sat, maybe Sunday. Not sure where staying.

LHC - Skiing Sat, Sun staying Sat. night with the JimK, DCSki gang

Mrs. LHC and son - skiing Sun

Marcus and Daughter - skiing Sun

August West (Gerrad from last year) and skiing buddy - skiing Sun

David staying Fri, Sat, Sun. Skiing Sat, Sun, & Monday if conditions are still good. I'll also be a BK newb. Please take it easy on me guys!!

BWPA skiing Sunday with some Blue Knob newbies.

Jimmy Staying FRI SAT, sun mebbe, Skiing SAT SUN, mon mebbe

JimK and son of JimK - skiing Sat and Sun
Speaking for others:
Comprex
Batgirl
RodSmith
And about 10 more people from Epicski

The Colonel: check your PMs

The weather forecast sounds promising:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php...nit=0&lg=en
David
February 18, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: JimK

The weather forecast sounds promising:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php...nit=0&lg=en


Sure does!! I especially like the "heavy snow" on Thursday. It's kinda funny though that they only have 1 to 2 inches of accumulation on that day...
GGNagy
February 18, 2009
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
445 posts
JohnL - Skiing Sat, Sun, Monday bonus day (or possibly Whitetail on the bonus day.) Staying on the mountain Fri-Sat-Sun evenings.

The Colonel plans to ski Sat, maybe Sunday. Not sure where staying.

LHC - Skiing Sat, Sun staying Sat. night with the JimK, DCSki gang

Mrs. LHC and son - skiing Sun

Marcus and Daughter - skiing Sun

August West (Gerrad from last year) and skiing buddy - skiing Sun

David staying Fri, Sat, Sun. Skiing Sat, Sun, & Monday if conditions are still good. I'll also be a BK newb. Please take it easy on me guys!!

BWPA skiing Sunday with some Blue Knob newbies.

Jimmy Staying FRI SAT, sun mebbe, Skiing SAT SUN, mon mebbe

JimK and son of JimK - skiing Sat and Sun
Speaking for others:
Comprex
Batgirl
RodSmith
And about 10 more people from Epicski

GGNagy - BK newbie on Sunday. Staying/skiing @HV Fri/Sat
RodSmith
February 18, 2009
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
Due to scheduling conflicts, I might not make it out there until Saturday night or Sunday morning. I'll be there for Sunday for sure, Monday if it's good. Maybe follow JohnL to Whitetail for Monday depending on conditions.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 18, 2009
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,698 posts
Due to a late cancellation we have vacancies for one or two people in our slopeside accommodations for this gathering. Cost is only $35 per night, Feb 20, 21 and/or 22. Such a deal. Let me know ASAP if you want in. There is snow in the forecast and the company will be superb.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter
February 18, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,098 posts
Jim,
I sent you a PM, I think. Please let me know if you receive it.
Thanks,
The Colonel smile
SCWVA
February 18, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,051 posts
I may be up Sunday with my son, especially since jimmy is bringing is kids. smile
But you never know, I may end up storm chasing instead.

I'm looking at Thursday's storm first, who's gonna get the snow? I'm looking to make some tracks on Friday.
David
February 18, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: SCWVA

I'm looking at Thursday's storm first, who's gonna get the snow? I'm looking to make some tracks on Friday.



I'm thinking that Friday may be too good to waste. If there is going to be that much new snow in the Valley I may try to make it up that way. It's 30 mins faster to BK from there then it is from here anyway smile smile

I'll find out tomorrow what the situation with my "real" job is and hopefully things work out...
GGNagy
February 19, 2009
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
445 posts
Anyone who knows the place want to suggest a time/location to gather?
David
February 19, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Still up in the air. I have to wait for my mentor to get here and then I will figure out if my presence is required here tomorrow. If not, I will be at Timberline at 9 am.
GGNagy
February 19, 2009
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
445 posts
Originally Posted By: David
Still up in the air. I have to wait for my mentor to get here and then I will figure out if my presence is required here tomorrow. If not, I will be at Timberline at 9 am.


hahahaha actually I meant for Saturday/Sunday. I just happened to hit reply in your previous post. smile
jimmy
February 19, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
GG You're coming Sunday, I'll suggest 9:00 am at ticket window, 9:15 and 10:30 at top of the lifts, upside down resort, lodge is at top.
BushwackerinPA
February 20, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts

View New Posts
Mid-Atlantic GTG @ Blue Knob 2/21-22

* Previous
*
* 1
* 4
* 5
* 6
* 7
* 8
* 9

Reply to this Thread
Add or Remove Tags (?):
View First Unread Subscribe to this Thread
#241
Rating: 0
2/18/09 at 8:59pm
Join Date: October 2006
Location: York, PA
Posts: 284
MarcusFire

I'd like to come in on Saturday night if Jamesj still has a spot open. I would stay till Monday and get some extras turns in.



Comprex - GET HEALTHY!!!!
Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki Rate Post
#242
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 7:57 pm
Join Date: December 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,864
jgiddyup

Leaving for Harrisburg tomorrow and see all the Saturday people at Blue Knob. I'm now thinking of bringing my own skis?
Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki Rate Post
#243
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 7:59 pm
Join Date: February 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 5,274
BushwackerinPA

you will be fine anything that will be open will have coverage.
Edit Post Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki
#244
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 8:01 pm
Join Date: September 2000
Location: NTS, PA
Posts: 19,946
Philpug

Couple of days to go... How is it looking out there?
Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki Rate Post
#245
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 8:11 pm
Join Date: February 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 5,274
BushwackerinPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post



Couple of days to go... How is it looking out there?



today they had all black shut, but they recieved about 6 inches of snow so far today and its still snowing. another 2-4 tomorrow, then a big one saturday night.



I think we will be fine, the coverage on extrovert is great, just hope they deem it safe enough to open.
Edit Post Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki
#246
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 8:27 pm
Join Date: April 2007
Location: Willing my way to Nirvana
Posts: 6,768
bumpfreaq

Schweeet!
Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki Rate Post
#247
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 8:40 pm
Join Date: September 2000
Location: NTS, PA
Posts: 19,946
Philpug
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post





today they had all black shut, but they recieved about 6 inches of snow so far today and its still snowing. another 2-4 tomorrow, then a big one saturday night.



I think we will be fine, the coverage on extrovert is great, just hope they deem it safe enough to open.

We might have to deem it safe enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post



Schweeet!

Yeah...Schweeet.



Wondering what skis to bring might not be the issue now...102's and the PBR's will be in the car.
Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki Rate Post
#248
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 8:52 pm
Join Date: April 2007
Location: Willing my way to Nirvana
Posts: 6,768
bumpfreaq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

102's and the PBR's will be in the car.



Phil, have you factored in facilities for copious quantities of skis in your Scooby?
Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki Rate Post
#249
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 8:58 pm
Join Date: December 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 7,949
crgildart
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post



We're still 8 days out. Ye have little faith. Can't we at least hope for a HUGE dump next Thursday or Friday? Bumpfreaq and I will be bringing 90's era Hart bump skis. I'll also be bringing something more all mountain oriented (186 cm Scream 10s) unless the big dump actually materializes If more than a foot of fresh should occur I would bring some HeliDogs.

But, with an all mountain ski I'll certainly be equipped to suck in a variety of terrain and conditions I actually used them on boderline icy conditions two weeks ago and they held surprisingly well. I must have been doing it wrong.

Edited by crgildart - 2/12/2009 at 11:21 pm



Not the kind of fellow to say... "I TOLD YOU SO"! BIG DUMP!!!!



I'm starting out on MidFats unless there is more than a foot of fresh. I doubt the bump skis will leave their bag this trip, but just maybe Sunday afternoon if it warms up.

Edited by crgildart - 2/20/2009 at 02:31 am
Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki Rate Post
#250
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 9:07 pm
Join Date: February 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 5,274
BushwackerinPA

so how many of us are going to be on PEs? I know bumpfreaq has them.
Edit Post Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki
#251
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 9:16 pm
Join Date: April 2007
Location: Willing my way to Nirvana
Posts: 6,768
bumpfreaq

My debate is whether to bring the full quiver or leave the SGs at home.



May start on PEs or if less cover the Chubbs if big dump may give the Blue House their first real day. Then again if there's only a few inches of fresh but the cover is decent, I may stick with the Cabrawlers. Doubt I'll get the SLs out and I have yet to gain confidence in the Harts.

=)
Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki Rate Post
#252
Rating: 0
Yesterday at 9:19 pm
Join Date: September 2000
Location: NTS, PA
Posts: 19,946
Philpug
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post





Phil, have you factored in facilities for copious quantities of skis in your Scooby?

Oh, yeah. I am set, internal rack is set and installed.






Report Post to Admin Reply to this Post Quote Multi-Quote Export to Wiki Rate Post
#253
Rating: 0
Today at 9:04 am
Join Date: February 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 5,274
BushwackerinPA

http://www.blueknob.com/conditions.html



6to 8 inches last 24hours all blue and green with stembogan and high hopes now open. lets hope they deem extrovert ready for saturday or at least sunday.



newest forecast says the clipper goes north but I still think they will still get 6 inches out of it.



cya guys up there Ill have no computer till then.

my number is 412-334-9121

cya guys in sunday!

Ill be wearing neon green pants, dark blue jacket dalbello kryptons, neon green flames helmet with PEs. Trust me you guys will know its me before you know its me;).
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter
February 20, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,098 posts
The DCSki Gang,
Unfortunately I will not be up until sometime tomorrow morning, probably about 1030. Will either try to find you all at the slopes, or at the cabin.
The Colonel smile
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?

Join the conversation by logging in.

Don't have an account? Create one here.

0.14 seconds