Snowshoe AMEX Deal
8 posts
6 users
2k+ views
ctucker1405
January 23, 2009
Member since 12/19/2006 🔗
3 posts
Quick update on the American Express Buy one, Get one deal at the Shoe...their website now limits "one coupon per card, per day" on this deal.

This limit was not listed before, so I wanted to make sure everyone knows before they show-up. The Costco deal (2 tickets for $112) is still available and almost as good, plus its good for weekends too.

Chris
snowglobe
January 23, 2009
Member since 03/12/2007 🔗
150 posts
Thanks for the heads up! I was using it last year -- there was no such restrictions. It is still a great deal though. I am planning to use it on the weekend after March 2nd!
Murphy
January 23, 2009
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Crap, I was just about to buy 18 tickets. Is there a way to take advantage of the Costco deal without actually going to Costco? I don't think there's one anywhere near me.

If not, I guess I'll have to rely on Snowshoe's lodging and ticket packages which don't seem to be nearly as good as years past. Especially for 2 night stays.
Abe
January 23, 2009
Member since 11/14/2008 🔗
366 posts
Murphy
January 23, 2009
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Thanks Abe!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 24, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Used Costco Snowshoe lift tickets this past weekend. Was surprised to learn that I received actual undated lift tickets vice some sort of voucher. Just clip on and go, just remember to clip a new ticket on each day! Cost $112 for 2 tickets.
A note of caution: if I remember correctly, the AMEX deal of "2 tickets for price of one" is for weekdays only. This deal is about $20 per ticket better than the Costco deal.
If there is not a Costco nearby, you might check with your local ski shops, many have special prices on Snowshoe tickets.
Sometime this week I will get a trip report out about my fantastic Snowshoe 6 day adventure with my whole family including grandkids. Expensive (but worth it), cold, wonderful snow! Will also include special insight into their Children's Ski School. By the way, this trip they had the Split Rock pool at a reasonably comfortable temperature...a first for me.
The Colonel smile
jimmy
January 24, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Don't clip on the next ticket unless they scan the old one.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 24, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Yep, my daughter skied one day and they never scanned the ticket...so...good to go again! I must admit a bit of a feeling of guilt since ticket sales keep the slopes open!
The Colonel smile
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.