Discount Snowshoe lift tickets at Costco
7 posts
6 users
27k+ views
TOMF
December 18, 2008
Member since 11/17/2003 🔗
60 posts
Costco.com is selling discount lift tickets for Snowshoe again this year. The price is $112 for a pair of tickets. That compares with a walk-up window price of $150 for two tickets. Add in a 5% surchage if you are not a Costco member and a shipping fee. Those fees significantly eat into the discount, but I think its still worthwhile to go this route if you are not interested in buying a lodging/lift ticket package. My wife and I have season passes, but yesterday I bought two pairs of tickets for my daughter to use over the holidays. With express shipping ($14.45) and the nonmember surcharge ($11.20), my total cost was $249.65. At the window rate I would have spent $300 for the 4 tickets.

I had friends who purchased Snowshoe lift tickets from Costco last year and they had no problems using them. They are standard lift tickets, not vouchers and they can be used by anyone on any day. You do not have to use both tickets in a pair on the same day. I believe that my friends were even able to return an unused ticket to Costco for a refund or credit.

Go to Costco.com and search for "Snowshoe." That will take you right to the lift ticket offer.

Tom
Fleetwood
December 18, 2008
Member since 12/6/2008 🔗
69 posts
I've seen those on Costco.com before, but haven't seen them in while. You say you bought some yesterday? All I see now are lift tickets for Big White and Silver Star in BC, Canada. Perhaps it is just hit or miss.
TOMF
December 19, 2008
Member since 11/17/2003 🔗
60 posts
You're right, Fleetwood. I no longer see the Snowshoe tickets at Costco.com either. Maybe it was a very limited deal. It might be worth checking later. I received an email from Costco yesterday telling me that the tickets that I had purchased Wednesday had been shipped.
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
December 19, 2008
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts
Costco has been on and off the past few weeks with the Snowshoe tix. I assume it's inventory / financial control.

I've been checking every day. I few people who are staying in my condo already bought theirs.

Remember to check the "AMEX Deal" I think if you buy 1 you get one free M - Th in Jan and Feb and all dates after March 27 when you pay with Amex.

Here is a link to the details -

http://www.snowshoemtn.com/deals/american_express/index.htm
SCWVA
December 19, 2008
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Alpine Ski Shop in Sterling, VA has discount tickets, $59 for a Sat. or Sun. ticket.
jimboc
December 19, 2008
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts
just saw them 2 days ago at the Costco in Gaithersburg
GDWindowpane
December 19, 2008
Member since 07/9/2008 🔗
43 posts
AMEX tickets are available M-F...
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell