Snowshoe Lift Tickets
10 posts
6 users
4k+ views
RPD
January 2, 2009
Member since 12/29/2008 🔗
4 posts
I'm going to Snowshoe with my wife later this month and I've booked a room and rentals, but I'm delaying on lift tickets. Anyone know of any deals going on right now? I called earlier and apparently the promotion with Kroger was canceled to to widespread fraud. Anyone have any other ideas? $75 per person, per day is pretty steep if you ask me.
gizmosnow
January 2, 2009
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts
I know in past years (and earlier this season) they have had 2-fer deals in conjunction with American Express --- but must buy passes with AMEX Card. In the past it's been on their website but very difficult to find. Haven't looked in a while but if you have an AMEX, might want to search.
SCWVA
January 2, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Alpine Ski Shop in Sterling, VA has weekend day passes for $59.
skier219
January 2, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
RPD, you should see about buying the lift tickets as part of a lift/lodging package -- it offers a substantial savings. I've done the math in past years, and you get healthy discount doing it that way, especially when you can pair the number of people to match the minimum occupancy of the condo. In fact, in some cases it costs more to get lodging only! Bizarre, but true. So make sure you have checked all their deals and packages first.

I have actually held off buying a seasons pass from SS because it works out better to buy lift tickets with the lodging package when I stay there with family/friends.
RPD
January 2, 2009
4 posts
Originally Posted By: SCWVA
Alpine Ski Shop in Sterling, VA has weekend day passes for $59.

Just checked their site... sounds like a great deal. Have you used them? It says they are valid at any time. Do you know if this includes holidays? I'm going MLK weekend.
RPD
January 2, 2009
4 posts
Originally Posted By: skier219
RPD, you should see about buying the lift tickets as part of a lift/lodging package -- it offers a substantial savings. I've done the math in past years, and you get healthy discount doing it that way, especially when you can pair the number of people to match the minimum occupancy of the condo. In fact, in some cases it costs more to get lodging only! Bizarre, but true. So make sure you have checked all their deals and packages first.

I have actually held off buying a seasons pass from SS because it works out better to buy lift tickets with the lodging package when I stay there with family/friends.

I looked into getting a lift/lodging package, but they require you to buy lift tickets (albeit at a reduced rate) for every day you stay. Since I live almost 5 hours away, I can't ski the last day and will only end up skiing 2, so getting the package doesn't make sense.

Thanks for all the help.
skier219
January 2, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Ah yes, that is indeed a limitation -- good point. They do throw in the day/night of arrival lift tickets for free, but we can't always use them. I'm about the only one in my extended family willing to get up at 4am for the drive out there to ski on the day of arrival. Most everyone else can't leave until mid day or after work, so they don't get up there until evening and the tickets go to waste.
RPD
January 3, 2009
4 posts
Found another great deal... on costco.com, you can search for "snowshoe" and they have 2 adult lift tickets for $112. That's $56 per ticket... much cheaper than the $75 per ticket they charge on the mountain. I've also read you can get this deal at DC-area Costcos and some others in Virginia.
Jeremy
January 3, 2009
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
73 posts
Yup, Actually I saw lift tickets for Snowshoe, Wintergreen, and WISP at the Costco in Leesburg, VA last weekend. I can't remember the prices, assume they are the same as online. I know that two WISP tickets were $89.
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
January 3, 2009
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts
Hmmm, all I can find at Costco online is Snowshoe. W'green and Wisp don't show up in a search. I've heard that the Snowshoe tickets don't show up all the time either.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?