Snowshoe to Park City
5 posts
4 users
bri
January 13, 2009
Member since 11/26/2007 🔗
4 posts
My family and I are skiing Snowshoe the upcoming MLK weekend 16-19, then I'm turning around on the 19th and heading out to the Sundance festival, then staying on through the 30th.

My question is, think I'll need to get my skis re-waxed once I get to Park City? I have never skiied Utah before, although I've done my share in Colorado and Tahoe. I'm on Volkl AC3/170. I don't want to lose any time on the slopes and between flying out and screenings, I'm on a hectic schedule.

Secondly, any tips on skiing Utah? Good runs or day plans? Ways to beat the Hollywood crowd to the powder? I'm probably staying with Park City and Deer Valley through the end of the festival, then heading back to Alta and Solitude.

Thirdly, with all the weather the shoe is forecast to get this week, will it spoil me for the Wasatch, which is forecast clear through the end of Sundance? (Do they commit people out there for bragging up WV powder?)
Crush
January 13, 2009
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
... you don't have to be particularly concerned about slope crowds during sundance - actually it is one of the more quiet times ... all them folks don't ski very much...
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 13, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
bri,
Welcome to DCSki. How do the rest of us get whatever job you have so we can ski weeks in Utah on business? What do you do?
The Colonel smile
Clay
January 14, 2009
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Originally Posted By: bri
(Do they commit people out there for bragging up WV powder?)

Somehow I get the feeling that once you get out there, the urge to brag will be small wink

Welcome to DCSki!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 14, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
bri,
I sent you a PM re skiing at Snowshoe this weekend and in Utah the rest of the month. Please PM back and add where you are staying at the Shoe. Would enjoy meeting your family and skiing a few runs with you.
The Colonel smile
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.