7 Springs Weather
10 posts
7 users
2k+ views
SpringsRegular
January 9, 2009
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
153 posts
Snow making looks favorable for next several weeks as a long term cold spell is settling. However, Mother Nature may be competing with the snow makers as several significant snow falls are likely over the next week or so.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Taylormatt
January 9, 2009
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
It's scary how close we are to the rain/freezing rain line of this storm.

I swear to god if I wake up to rain (again) tomorrow morning....
SCWVA
January 9, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Winter Storm warning has been posted for Champion, PA. 4-8" expected.
Taylormatt
January 10, 2009
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
Another bust of a storm. Bring your rubber coat, you're gonna need it.
BushwackerinPA
January 10, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
for the laurel highland yes,but BK got 6 inches so far with another 6-8 today.

they are also making snow on the stembogan trails. So lose for us(who cares its to flat anyways) win for the only real skiing in pa.

I do love how everyone in the burgh freaked out with a predicted 6 inches of snow, they were like I cant beleive your going skiing tomorrow!

yeah LCC averaged 6inches of snow a day in march....
gizmosnow
January 10, 2009
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts
Well it definitely looks like we are getting screwed out of this storm in the laurels but, by last night, things were already shaping up for great conditions for this weekend at HV with or without add'l snow. Just hoping we get at least 2-4 out of this one and maybe even a few more later this week for MLK.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
The huge storm forecast for today came as sleet and freezing rain in the Laurel Highlands. Skied the cord and ice crusted at 7 Springs today. The precip came in mid morning. Condition were OK even good in places. Avalanche and Goose Bumps were pliable but little bumps. The best snow was still in Alpine Meadow Glades (what's left of them). The Gunnar six broke down and we were hanging in the wind about 1/2 hour. That six stopped every ride I took and limped up slow mo twice. Bad chairlift. Finished the day at 2:00 covered in about 1/4 of ice.

I got home, north of Pittsburgh, with 5" of snow and drizzle. Blue Knob reported 6" over night with up to 9" through the day. I should have drove that extra hour. Blue Knob next week. I hope they get more open. Stembogen would be nice, Extrovert even better.
SpringsRegular
January 12, 2009
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
153 posts
Just to clarify, it is not a bad chair lift. There are ice tolerances on detachable chairs. That was the issue. We finally shut it and the Polar Bear down because of the ice.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
January 13, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
I believe that ice was a problem latter in the afternoon but why did the Gunnar six break down for a half hour right after they opened late? No snow, now sleet just swinging in the breeze. I think every ride I took on that six took longer then the North Face quad.
skiobsessed
January 22, 2009
Member since 03/10/2008 🔗
80 posts
A group of us went up for that weekend hoping for snow. It turned out to be wintry mix and by Saturday afternoon, you can HEAR the skiers and snowboarders from a mile away.

Regardless, I still had a good time sneaking in some runs Friday night and all day Sunday.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?