Richmond Peter Glenn
9 posts
4 users
4k+ views
varocket
October 30, 2008
Member since 10/30/2008 🔗
1 posts
I was in the Peter Glenn store on Monday getting my 12 year olds skis tuned and ready. I only had his right boot. I left the skis anyway and the tech ( nice guy) asked me to please bring the other boot in when I picked them up so he could check it.
Sure enough when I came to pick the skis up he noticed the left heel was miserably worn. My kid must drag his left foot badly. Anyway the tech put a new heel on in 5 minutes and off I went. If he hadn't checked the other boot my kid could have come out of the binding because it did not fit tight enough. May have saved me some surgery dollars. Thanks guys at Peter Glenn, you have sealed the deal for my business. I guess being in business for 50 years does make a difference. I never knew they had 20 stores. Open some more around here closer to my house please.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 30, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Welcome to DCSki varocket! Tell us about yourself? Where ski most often, # skiers in family, in what area of Richmond do you live? Inquiring minds want to know!

As for Peter Glenn Ski Shop...your gain is our lost. They tried to buy out the Ski Chalet up here a couple of years ago, unfortunately the Houston folks out bid them. Nice that they were able to buy the Richmond Ski Chalet shop and bring their brand.
The Colonel smile
Ullr
October 31, 2008
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Originally Posted By: varocket
Open some more around here closer to my house please.

What part of town are you in?
GRK
November 1, 2008
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Welcome and please tell us which side of town you live on and where you ski.

I like doing business at the Peter Glenn store in Richmond...good people.
Ullr
November 1, 2008
532 posts
This is quite an interesting post. Some strange aspects though.
1. Person never really introduces themselves, just goes on about an experence, kind of weird for a 1st post.
2. Same experience I posted about a few weeks ago, but with a couple of twists. First that the tech stated that they were looking for wear on a boot (which they never stated to me), and how this wear was present and the person was sure it saved his son from some future severe injury.
3. And this is the most puzzling of all, that they should open up more Peter Glenn shops around Richmond. Very strange since I don't think of this as a "big" ski town, and it can hardly support the two shops we have now.

I wish this person would log back on. I would love to meet up with him and maybe we can go skiing, but I have a sneaky feeling that I already know exactly who this is.
GRK
November 2, 2008
404 posts
Ullr

Think I know where you are going with this...too bad. I also was hoping for another DC skier in this area. Maybe you I and the families can hook up yet this year.

Glenn
Ullr
November 2, 2008
532 posts
For sure, this will be the year! My son will be 11 in August, so he is the closest I have to your daughters age. My daughter is 9. Wintergreen would be a nice trip.

You know, we are planning some type of DCSKI getaway during the year as well. Skier219 from Williamsburg had expressed interest. I have a decent size truck, with a DVD player, Serius radio, a cap and roof rack all ready for the drive. I know Jimmy will want to be there as-well-as fishnski. I am hoping for LauralSpringsRegular and maybe some others as well. I will have to find the post. In honor of my best friend in the whole world Mountain Masher, it most likely will be at Blue Knob. I will keep you in mind if you are up for something like this as well.
Ullr
November 3, 2008
532 posts
Originally Posted By: varocket
I was in the Peter Glenn store on Monday getting my 12 year olds skis tuned and ready.

Also strange is the fact that Peter Glenn in Richmond is still operating under summer hours and they are closed Sundays and Mondays.........................
GRK
November 4, 2008
404 posts
Ullr

Good detective work on Peter Glenn being closed on Monday. Know for a fact they have been closed on Monday until just this week.

As for a trip this winter, I am definitely up for it. Drop me a PM when you are ready. Sounds like fun.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?