**Looking for Olympic or Lifestyle Sports Fans**
11 posts
5 users
3k+ views
Chelsea Cooper
March 27, 2008
Member since 03/27/2008 🔗
2 posts
Mediabarn is searching for a group of qualified participants to take part in a set of online usability tests for an olympic/lifestyle sporting site. The study typically take less than one hour to complete and consist of searching and navigating through the website and utilizing it's new features at our usability lab in Reston.

Applicants must be:
A fan or follower of Olympic and lifestyle sports. Theses sports include and are not exclusive to skiing, swimming, gymnastics, track and field, beach volleyball, cycling; just to name a few.

Do you follow the latest news on Team USA and the summer games in China? Do you participate in lifestyle sports as well? Are the sports of your interest rarely if ever covered on ESPN? If you can say, "yes" to any of those, then you qualify!

You must also be comfortable using the Internet and a frequent broadband user at home or office.

Applicants that do not meet the required qualifications above will not be considered.
Tests will be scheduled in advance and will take place on-site at our User Experience Lab in Reston, VA.
Participants must sign a consent form allowing tests to be recorded.
Tests will be held in Reston on Friday March 28th and Monday March 31st, between 9:30am-4pm
Payment will be $75, made upon full completion of the usability test.

If you are interested, simply apply online; it's quick, easy and confidential: https://mediabarninc.wufoo.com/forms/make-sports-on-the-internet-better/

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: uxlab@mediabarninc.com
David
March 27, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Wow sounds like fun. Sign me up....... Not. Are you paying for this advertising??

scootertig
March 27, 2008
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
i signed up. I mean, $75 is $75, right? And if it helps get some of those sports better coverage, what's not to like?

aaron
comprex
March 27, 2008
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

IMHO, being categorised as a 'lifestyle' sport. Stuff that.

Sure I ski, ride and swim, possibly more than a quite a few who call themselves skiers/cyclists/swimmers.

None of the above define my style nor my life, nor do I agree to be bound by the styles or to the lives of others.
David
March 27, 2008
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: scootertig
i signed up. I mean, $75 is $75, right? And if it helps get some of those sports better coverage, what's not to like?

aaron

Tests from 9:30 to 4:30. That's what not to like...
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
March 27, 2008
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
David, you need a makeover... Nice pix!
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
March 27, 2008
1,535 posts
Do I give 75 or do I GET 75?
David
March 27, 2008
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: lbotta
David, you need a makeover... Nice pix!

Hey now. I think I was kind of cute as a child...

Originally Posted By: lbotta
Do I give 75 or do I GET 75?

You lose either way. That'll be 6.5 hours of your life that you will never get back. Poof! Gone! Take it from me, you don't want to waste that much of your life taking tests. I do it every week and look how it makes me look (scroll up a little). Now, I have found a way to get people (NASA oddly enough) to pay me to do biological research. If I could just find someone to pay me to take tests (that count towards a degree, not a TV program) then I will be totally set....
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
March 28, 2008
1,535 posts
Let's see... Five marathons, three century rides, just finished skiing for 30 days... I don't think I need to prove that sports is a life style for me...

And yes, maybe they can give you Graduate credits? Or serve as the comp score for your PhD?
scootertig
March 28, 2008
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
The web page said that the test takes about an hour...

It is offered between 9:30 and 4:30.
David
March 28, 2008
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: scootertig
The web page said that the test takes about an hour...

It is offered between 9:30 and 4:30.

Well if that's the case....

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.