4 pair ski packing
5 posts
3 users
(Anonymous)
February 8, 2004
I just bought a Head Mosnster ski bag that is designed to hold 4 pairs of skis. If any one has one--How the heck am I supposed to pack it? The velcro straps on the bottom? Theu aren't long enough to go aroung one pair and hold them. Should the ski pairs be stowed together or flat. what keeps thm from sliding (be sides my clothes)?

Heading for Utah for our first trip skiing away from the North East. Hope I can get the skis there in one piece

Thanks

jimmer
February 9, 2004
Member since 11/25/2003 🔗
53 posts
it's too late now - but I have a plastic ski tube & absolutely love it! The wheels on the bottom are a must for shuttling them around also. Being a hard case - I never once worried about my skiis getting banged up. It did draw some attention (the spring after 9/11 is when I last used it). I got nailed for each & every "random" check throughout my journey.

Unfortunately - I don't think they make one that holds more than 2 pair.

Jim
February 9, 2004
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
I'm with Jimmer. I have the two-pair ski tube and its been great. Just load it up, check it in and I never worry about my skis. When going with more than two pair (e.g., wife's skis and my two pair), we go with an extra bag.

Four skis in one bag is going to be way too heavy to be lugging around anywhere and you may hit airline weight restrictions (i.e., be charged for an "overweight" bag). Your best bet is to place no more than two pairs of skis in a bag.

BTW - just to be noisy, why four pair? Hopefully, there's more than one of you going!! If not, four pair may be more trouble (and skis) than you really need. For example, if you're bringing a pair of fat powder skis, it may be cheaper (and easier) to leave yours behind and rent a pair in Utah for the one or two days you may need them.

Just a thought.

jimmer
February 10, 2004
Member since 11/25/2003 🔗
53 posts
I agree with Jim. 1 pair of skiis per person. The right pair will still allow you to ski the groomers, bumps & the freshies in the trees.

Come to think of it - I'd better go buy a 2nd 2-pair ski tube for our next trip since the family has recently expanded.

(Anonymous)
February 10, 2004
There are 3 of us. The bag has wheels which is a must. I just thought it would be compartmentized(?) It just has flaps that I guess you put between each pair. Wish I could draw on this thing. I can see how to get them protected. This is going to be great!!!!!!!!!!! If I had it to do again I probably would go with 2 2pair bags - this is kinda bulky-but I should be able to fit all my clothes plus som in there!!!

Thanks for the replies

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?