Night Skiing - Basic Q about Timberline
6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
January 31, 2008
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts
Simple question: what runs does Timberline usually light for night skiing? I remember their brochure used to list those, but now I can't find it on their brochure or website. Maybe I just missed it.

Anyway, my family and I are headed to the Canaan Valley area for the weekend, starting tomorrow night. I expect to ski T-line on Saturday, but others will probably prefer the twilight ticket...as long as a black diamond run is open after dark.

Thanks,
Woody
crunchy
January 31, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
they dont have alot. i think only the right half of the mountain. whitelightning and everything to 'lookers left' of that closes at 430 altho they still get poached till dark. \:\)
tgd
January 31, 2008
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
No blacks open at night. Only Dew Drop open from the top - everything else is mid-station - White Out and Lower Almost Heaven. That is pretty much it. The lighting is poor too - really gloomy yellow lamps that don't put out too much light.

Tom
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 31, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Assuming you will have a "Ski the Valley" lift pass, Canaan is open at night from the top!
The Colonel \:\)
David
January 31, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: The Colonel
Assuming you will have a "Ski the Valley" lift pass, Canaan is open at night from the top!

Yes, and CV can be quite fun at night when they have everything up that way open. I had an awesome time (although I froze) last year skiing at night. They had plenty of fresh snow on the one bump run that drops to the right off of Canaan Curve at the top. It made for an awesome time because it wasn't well lit, giving it a cool feeling when you skied it. We had a blast hitting that run and plenty of others the whole evening. Did I mention that we were pretty much the only ones there. Heck, half the time there weren't even lifties loading the chairs...
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
January 31, 2008
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts
 Originally Posted By: The Colonel

Thanke everybody for the information.

Was planning to ski one day only and spend the other day hiking and enjoying some shopping with my wife. With only 14 runs open at CV and limited night skiing options at T-line, I guess I'll have to torture the teens awake early for day skiing at T-line. Too bad that there's not more available at night.

Woody

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?