1,326 posts

LHC will be there.

I have tix and will try.

Anyone else going?
crunchy
November 21, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
tromano will be there that week I'm sure \:\)
tromano
November 21, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Thats right crunchy! I am going to the epic gathering.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
November 21, 2007
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Flights booked, lift tickets bought but I still haven't booked a place to stay. If I'm alive and healthy, I'll be there.
JohnL
November 22, 2007
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Need to try to find an affordable flight; if so, I'll be there. Fares not looking stellar this week. When did you all book yours?

LHC, where did you buy your tix?
November 23, 2007
2,038 posts
I booked Southwest back in October for $328 total.
JohnL
November 27, 2007
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Just booked my flight. Flying in Jan 31 PM, flying out Feb 5 late afternoon (will ski until 1 PM.) I'll post on Epic also.

PJ, Rob, or anyone else going,
Send me a PM/email if you want to coordinate on a rental car/lodging.

John L.
tromano
November 27, 2007
998 posts
Madeline and I will probably be staying in SLC motel style accommodation. I dont feel like driving 4 hrs a day back and forth from logan.
JohnL
November 27, 2007
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Tim,

I'll get a hold of you in the near future. As an FYI, I'll also be heading to Utah Mar 3 - Mar 10. I may try to get in a day at The Beav with you two during the March trip.

John L.
JohnL
January 15, 2008
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Bump.

Tim, PJ, Rob,

Could you PM me your latest email addresses? I'm trying to coordinate ground transportation and other details.

Thanks.

John L.
JohnL
February 7, 2008
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
The Epic Gathering in Utah Feb 1-4 was well represented by DCSkiers. Yours truly, tromano, Mrs. tromano (sheena?), comprex, batgirl (Epic poster only?) and Laurel Hill Crazie attended. In fact, LHC is still in Utah. Poor lad. \:\) (Maybe a few of the Epic posters who attended occasionally post here...)

30! or so posters attended, so there was plenty of company on the slopes (or for dinner/apres ski.) I highly recommend the gathering to anyone who wants to head out West. Locals provided some expert knowledge of the areas.

Conditions were Epic! Video snippet referenced by Jim K. did not give it justice. Freshies on all five days. Two deep (knee to mid-thigh) blower powder daze, two bluebird days after powder dumps, and one last bonus day for me at Snowbird when I was able to hit sections of Mineral Basin and The Road to Provo just after the ropes dropped.

Schedule: Alta, Solitude, Snowbird, Snowbasin, bonus day at Snowbird.

Hopefully I can provide a more detailed TR shortly; I am in between ski trips and cramming in work between laundry and packing. If my wheels get repaired in time, I'm off to Vermont this Saturday for a week. Mad River Glen has received 28" the past three days with more to come.
tromano
February 7, 2008
998 posts
The gathering was truly sick. Those were two of my deepest days ever Friday and Sunday. So sick! I only skied 3 days of the gathering but took an extra bound day for my self too at the beav. Glad to hear you got some more John, I bet mineral and little cloud bowl were really really worth it.

It was great skiing with JohnL, Comprex, and Batgirl. To LHC, sorry I never found you this time, but I am glad to hear you are still out here tearing it up! \:\)
February 8, 2008
2,038 posts
For reasons too lame to explain, I was unable to meet up with most of the gang out there early enough in the day to make some truly epic runs. I did meet up with several including JohnL and comprex who did his best to get together even offering to drive back down Little Cottonwood Canyon to drive me up to Snowbird but the folks I was staying with decided to take the day off.

Conditions were awesome all week with fresh snow (minimum 1 foot) all week long. I got to ski first tracks in waist deep in Honeycomb Canyon, skiers left on the traverse from the summit chair at Solitude. What an experience, just as I was ready to leave out a big whoop I swallowed a mouth full of snow billowing up my chest. Guess what comprex, I was on my Recons and they float just fine. The week was all deep and trees and fluff bumps, even the groomers were soft with fresh. How am I ever going to be happy skiing here for the balance of the season. Man I gotta get an edge on those old skis and prepare to ice dance.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?