Periods of snow and rain Low: 34 °FHigh: 49 °F
15 posts
10 users
4k+ views
kwillg6
October 5, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
This is the forcast from Accuweather for October 18th for Davis WV. I know it's almost two weeks out, but it gives some faint glimmer of hope. \:\)
myrto
October 5, 2007
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
Finally some good news!! yIPPIEE
yoou made my day
Ullr
October 5, 2007
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
YOU can FORGET about ANY snow THIS year! The green house gasses combined with the EXTENSIVE logging at Blue Knob has made this ski season HOPELESS! Global Warming will keep THE mid atlantic in a El Nino fed jet stream and cause NO precipitation for the ENTIRE year.

Sorry Guy's, w/ MM gone someone HAS to pick up THE slack.............

Roger Z
October 5, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Ullr, are you kidding? The season is over. With the temperatures the way they are, the October SKIING is looking like it's going to BE the WORST ever!!!!!!!!! And with THE ski areas not able TO make SNOW in OCTOBER, you can kiss the LATE January season GOODBYE! The ski areas WILL be luCKY to be OPen past January 1. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
bawalker
October 5, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
LOLOLOL.

Ah heck, I'll just be myself and say GW is just a figment of all of our imaginations and I'll still continue to look for a 2004+ F150 to drive around. \:\)

No seriously, I am looking for an F150. \:\)
tromano
October 6, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Boooooo!!! Bad Troll! BaD!!!
Ullr
October 6, 2007
532 posts
Ok guys, to be totally serious, the last couple of years it has looked like the season has not gotten shorter, but rather shifted to a later timeframe (i.e not Dec through March anymore, but rather end of Jan and there is still good snow into April). Is this a trend we think will continue? If so, shold the local areas try to adjust their schedules around Mother Nature?
fishnski
October 6, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Thanks Ullr...after years of trying to get both Canaan Vly areas to get their act together EARLEIR..they will read this & decide not to open till X-Mas!....Urr right though...it seems to take longer for the real cold to build & settle in, & longer to fade back out. I think it has something to do with the ice cap being at record lows to start the winter & then Mama Nature trying like heck to make up for lost time once it gets back going........I'm thinking that with more open water up there, there might be more snow falling on the surrounding landmasses which would stay longer into the season which would in turn reflect the sun..radiate heat out & help keep hold of some late season cold which would still be able to reach us late in the year like last years snow a week before Memorial W-End.....Any other theories out there?
TravisR
October 6, 2007
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
It's ok if it doesn't snow for me this year at my house, as long as it is cold! I bought a backyard blizzard!! HEHE!
Ullr
October 7, 2007
532 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski
Thanks Ullr...after years of trying to get both Canaan Vly areas to get their act together EARLEIR..they will read this & decide not to open till X-Mas!....

Oh, then if management is listening. how about some faster lifts, better food, lower prices and hire some really hot looking female patrollers.

Anybody want anything else??
Taylormatt
October 7, 2007
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
 Originally Posted By: Ullr
Ok guys, to be totally serious, the last couple of years it has looked like the season has not gotten shorter, but rather shifted to a later timeframe (i.e not Dec through March anymore, but rather end of Jan and there is still good snow into April). Is this a trend we think will continue? If so, shold the local areas try to adjust their schedules around Mother Nature?

I've been thinking the exact same thing the last few years. I drove over to Ohio today. Nearly 90* and the top is STILL off my Jeep. It's October 7th and Lake Milton was packed with boaters, skiers and tubers. Kind of surreal to see in October. I closed my pool last weekend and the water was still warm enough to swim in. I don't have much (if any) faith in the Farmer's Almanac.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 7, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Ullr,
Pretty sexist...don't you think. I mean there are many DCSkiers out there that would prefer the ski instructors be hunks of tight muscles...
The Colonel \:\)
Ullr
October 8, 2007
532 posts
Yes, but I am not one of them.........................
myrto
October 9, 2007
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
 Originally Posted By: The Colonel
Ullr,
Pretty sexist...don't you think. I mean there are many DCSkiers out there that would prefer the ski instructors be hunks of tight muscles...
The Colonel \:\)

Or maybe the ultimate form of no sexism states that either sex is appealing to either sex,....anything but no sex!
Ullr
October 10, 2007
532 posts
 Originally Posted By: Taylormatt
 Originally Posted By: Ullr

I've been thinking the exact same thing the last few years. I drove over to Ohio today. Nearly 90* and the top is STILL off my Jeep. It's October 7th and Lake Milton was packed with boaters, skiers and tubers. Kind of surreal to see in October. I closed my pool last weekend and the water was still warm enough to swim in. I don't have much (if any) faith in the Farmer's Almanac.

OMG he lives! I thought you has fallen off of the face of the earth (few posts). Hope all is well, Doubt Pam and I will get up to the Springs this year, but the whole family was there over the 4th of July, and did a little bit of biking up top. Say hey to Johnny G and the rest of the crowd. We will make it back at the beginning of 09 for our tune-up. C-Ya
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?