Thanks for helping the Davis Oktoberfest
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
jonjon1
October 1, 2007
Member since 09/11/2006 🔗
187 posts
I'd like to thank everyone who came out for the 5k race and the festivities this past weekend in Davis. It was a big improvement from last year, so much so that the Rotary sold out of food by 1pm, leaving many disappointed.

Oh well, we could not have anticipated such a great turn out, and we hope that next year will improve even more. Thanks again, and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jon
tgd
October 1, 2007
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
I was quite surprised at the amount of activities and the turn-out for the festival in Davis this weekend. I didn't remember the carnival rides being there last year. I was up in the Valley this weekend without my family - too bad, because I know my wife and daughter would have enjoyed it. Hopefully it will be at least as big next year.

It helps when the local businesses really coordinate events for a weekend like this. With the fair, rides, as well as the 5K run AND the annual Revenge of the Rattlesnake MTB race, there was plenty going on. And the weather could not have been better!

Tom
yellowsnow
October 1, 2007
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
The wife and her girlfriends were there for Valley Girls Weekend, and were pleased to contribute heavily to the local economy;)
davisriverwalk
October 2, 2007
Member since 10/2/2007 🔗
13 posts
Glad to announce that the carnival plans to return for Leaf Peepers 08. They were happy with the turnout, too. They plan to bring one or two more rides also. It was great to see so many kids from all around Tucker County.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.