Want to buy 2BR condo in Deerfield Village
19 posts
7 users
7k+ views
OhioHillbillies
September 29, 2007
Member since 09/29/2007 🔗
30 posts
We're qualified buyers seeking a 2BR condo in Deerfield Village. Please e-mail us if you or anyone you know is interested in selling. Thanks! Wife is ohio and wv broker (for disclosure purposes). Or call (740)236-0386
yellowsnow
September 30, 2007
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
There are at least four 2-bedroom listings at Deerfield right now, from $212k to $225k.

Go to http://www.deerfieldwv.com.
Tucker
September 30, 2007
Member since 03/14/2005 🔗
893 posts
You should check out Windwood , Cessna #21. It is close to deerfield off of cortland road.

I designed it and am building it now and it should be done by Christmas. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with open living space. Hardwood floors, tile, stone fireplace, vaulted tongue and groove ceiling in living space. Board and batten style siding with hardiboard/azek. Conditioned Crawl Space. Wrap around porch with covered outdoor 3 seat bar, sink, and fridge. It is designed by and built for snowsport/oudoor enthusiast....complete with ski/bike/kayak/outdoor gear storage room and views of all 3 ski areas. It is the last lot on the road and overlooks wildlife refuge. Killer sunsets and views...you can literally pick your run in the morning when you look out the window from bed.

I think(disclaimer) the owner has it listed with Mountain Top Realty for $ 264,500.
OhioHillbillies
October 3, 2007
30 posts
Thanks for all the info! We have looked at the available units currently on the market in Deerfield, but have not found one that "flips our lid". Thanks Tucker for the info - we've been in contact with Ruth and she is going to send us more pics and info. Is the fireplace woodburning?
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
crunchy
October 4, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
hey you can see my dinky condo in the background of the pic of cessna #21, we might be almost neighbors \:\) i can attest to the views being some of the best in the valley tho. (well unless you have something overlooking the valley) But just the wildlife refuge between you and the 3 ski areas, so the view is never gonna change \:\)

tucker, is that you I hear working over there early weekend mornings? :P
Tucker
October 4, 2007
893 posts
OHiohillbillies, the fireplace can be woodburning or gas...the range and furnace are gas...Anderson windows..interior finish material options available...check w/ Mountain Top

Crunchy, no I don't work on the site on weekends aside from moving the sprinkler around to water the new grass...although I do spend my weekends with my nose in the books and chasing materials, and at the drafting table/computer design... I think I do know who it is you are talking about though...
OhioHillbillies
October 13, 2007
30 posts
Can anyone offer any opinions on Cedar Place on Timberline Road?
OhioHillbillies
October 20, 2007
30 posts
Thanks everyone for the PMs and the posts! We're in the valley this weekend looking again. Your comments and info were very helpful.
OhioHillbillies
November 18, 2007
30 posts
We decided to buy a place in Northwoods - it's great for us. Close to the lodge, slopes and lifts. Thanks again for all the info from everyone, good luck to Tucker and the Windwood units. The press picked up the story about the new construction and it was even in the paper over here.
Tucker
November 18, 2007
893 posts
There where good right ups in the Charleston and Baltimore papers as well..congratulations on your new place in the valley!
Clay
November 21, 2007
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Which unit are you purchasing? I am in F-1 and am the Treasurer of the HOA. I bought 18 months ago and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Welcome Aboard!!
Clay
OhioHillbillies
November 22, 2007
30 posts
Hi Clay! We are in H8! We are very excited. Closing is scheduled for next week. We will be there this weekend to get our game plan on for furniture and new appliances. Can't wait to be a part of the neighborhood. Everyone we have met at Northwoods is great!

Hope to meet you soon,
Lydia
Clay
November 22, 2007
555 posts
I agree - the folks in Northwoods are great people and you will get to know most of them soon. I hope to meet you soon as well. I'm up most weekends during ski season, so feel free to stop by - my porch light is on when we're there and there is usually a big black truck out in front.

Also, feel free to PM me if you have any questions that you don't want to post to the general board.

Clay
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 22, 2007
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,992 posts
I've been at Northwoods since 2001 and I really feel we have one of the best run developments in the valley--great people with a common love of snow and skiing. Welcome to CV! You'll love it.
kwillg6
November 22, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,070 posts
Welcome Hillbillies! I've got them all beat. Been in NWoods since 94 and can give you a history of the place (more than you need to know). John is right about the HOA being on task. The Board met last Saturday for over 4 hours (at Clay's place) to discuss our future and how we can get there within existing fiscal boundaries and believe or not, it will work.
The spousal unit and myself will be opening our front door on December 8th, skis in hand as we make our way to have our first turns of the season at 9 am. \:\)
Clay
November 22, 2007
555 posts
 Originally Posted By: kwillg6
The spousal unit and myself will be opening our front door on December 8th, skis in hand as we make our way to have our first turns of the season at 9 am. \:\)

Oof! Alex and I will be there as well, but I can't promise out the door at 9:00!!

Clay
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 23, 2007
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,992 posts
The fact that Northwood's has so many long-time owners like Kim says something about the place. Plus, for skiing, you can't beat the location, and there are some other benefits to being near the mountain (free wifi in the lodge, and lift-served access to the Dolly Sods). I've talked to people who used to own at Northwoods and traded up, and now lament being away from the mountain. It's just great to be able to take runs whenever you want (providing you have a season pass) and then head home when conditions or lines make matters less enticing. I've often been there when it starts raining, everyone leaves, and then the rain turns to snow and you have the mountain to yourself, as the snow gets deeper and better.
OhioHillbillies
November 23, 2007
30 posts
Wow! It is so great to hear from you all! We're really happy to be in a development where pride of ownership is so evident and the neighbors are so friendly and nice. I truly believe that things happen for a reason and we are very thankful to have landed in Northwoods - it's the best! We've got the truck loaded and are heading out of the driveway at 3:00. Hope to see you all soon,
The Donnellys
OhioHillbillies
November 25, 2007
30 posts
Just got back from the valley and it was great! They had the guns going full blow and the snow was flying. Husband and I got a little too festive celebrating the new place and didn't even notice the wind chill (hee hee)!

We got to meet a lot of super people over the weekend and got the measurements for all the stuff. Hey - does anyone know if appliances, sofa and mattresses will fit up and down the stairs? Someone said we'd have to hoist it all up over the outside balcony. Any previous experience and advice is appreciated!!

---The Hillbillies

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.