21 posts
11 users
6k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
September 12, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Skier 219,
Have not heard a peep from you in months \:\( You still out there? Sure hope all is well!Where are you planning to ski this winter?
The Colonel \:\)
David
September 12, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I second this one....
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 12, 2007
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
It doesn't look like Skier219 has logged in since July 12.
comprex
September 12, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
I was under the strong impression he'd moved out west?
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
crunchy
September 13, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: comprex
I was under the strong impression he'd moved out west?

thats tromano who moved out there. I bet the fall weather and the presence of christmas decorations in stores already?! will get him back in the right mind-set \:\)
Ullr
September 13, 2007
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
I can give him a call if you need him for something.
David
September 13, 2007
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: Ullr
I can give him a call if you need him for something.

I think the Colonel was just concerned (and even I have been wondering) if everything was alright.....
Ullr
September 13, 2007
532 posts
I have not talked to him since he tried out his new AT set-up which was in March/April. He may be doing a lot of biking and golfing. Most folks don't get on the boards during the warm months.
David
September 14, 2007
2,444 posts
BTW, I miss this guy and all his optimisim.....here is one to remember him by:

Originally Posted By: Mountain Masher
The brief cold spell won't make any difference, the season is basically OVER at WG.
bawalker
September 14, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
The one thing that stands out on this board over any other I've been on... if someone goes absent, people actually get concerned and try to contact the person outside of the site. That shows alot about DCSki and the whole community here.
Ullr
September 15, 2007
532 posts
I'm not sure that MM has gone missing. He may have been asked not to come back....................
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 15, 2007
1,249 posts
Ullr is right. I won't go into specific details, but suffice it to say that MM was given more "second chances" than I can count, but despite this and repeated assurances from him, continued to violate DCSki policy in a way that threatened DCSki's very existence. I made every effort to accommodate his strong views, but there simply was no reasoning with him, and at the end of the day a mutual decision was made that DCSki was not the appropriate platform for him to pursue his agenda. This is unfortunate, as I see value in contrarian viewpoints -- they make life more interesting and often provide good food for thought. Curmudgeons have their place. But there is no doubt in my mind that the decision was the proper one.
bawalker
September 15, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I'm just speculating but I get the feeling this had something to do with what MM was saying/accusing with Blue Knob and that coming back on Scott's shoulders with BK looking down on DCSki via legal repercussions or loosing of advertising or something. Just my guess.
Ullr
September 16, 2007
532 posts
Although, this is all specualtion, I would have to disagree. DCSKI has always allowed us to give our opinons on the local areas whether positive or negative. We have also been afforded the opportunity to disagree with each other, in a positive and constructive way. MM never wanted to do this. All he did was stir trouble.
bawalker
September 16, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I think that was the difference with MM. Difference of opinions is one thing, but MM I believe was pushing the envelope quite a bit by trying to take opinions and make them fact in the public arena. I've met people like that who believe something so bad that they want others to believe like they do that manipulation of facts, opinions, etc is tossed around until everything is one big gray area.

If I was a resort and there was a disgruntled person running around doing more than just disliking my resort, but trying to make statements that were untrue but being passed off as true which could harm my bottom line with other customers, I would issue some stern warnings for sure.

But that is all just assumptions as to what I would do if someone was badmouthing a product I had. Only Scott really knows for sure. I do agree with you that it was appearant MM just wanted to cause trouble, not contribute different points of view.
tromano
September 16, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Regarding MM its not really surprising. He made a nuisance of himself for years. I will miss him, if only for his comic value and he was a great resource for ski areas in SW PA.
Roger Z
September 16, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Brad I kind of agree with you, though of course this is all speculation. A lot things he said about BK last year seemed to be getting close to slander. Especially that last series about BK closing because of it's environmental issues, when it turned out not to be the case at all.

That said, hey wasn't this about Craig? Where is he? I hope Scott isn't turning into some

(edited by administrator)

for some great skiing in the year to come for everyone!

Scott - DCSki Editor
September 16, 2007
1,249 posts
Don't worry. The last thing I want to do is (edited by Administrator).

\:\)
skier219
September 21, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
I am alive and well! I try to limit my ski-related activities (which includes DCski and Epic) from May - September, in order to make the summer exile go faster. If I didn't practice this form of mental self-control, I would spend every minute of every day muttering ski talk to myself. And it works, we got through the brutal summer heat and October is almost here. I think I can safely start thinking about skiing again now that the overnight temps have crossed into the 40s and 30s. Once we get a frost it will be official.

Snowshoe says Nov 21 is their target opening date, exactly two months off...

Craig

P.S. How the $#*% did I end up with 6 pairs of fairly new skis in my closet?
David
September 21, 2007
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: skier219

P.S. How the $#*% did I end up with 6 pairs of fairly new skis in my closet?

That's easy... Three letters : SAC

BTW, its great to hear from and also glad to hear things are going good. Can't wait to meet back up for lots of skiing this winter!!!
JimK - DCSki Columnist
September 21, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Welcome back skier219.
MM was sort of a broken record, but one of the cooler stories I remember from an MM post (I think it was from him) was about a time when the 1980 era BK mtn manager named Emory apparently took a rare drive in a groomer down Extrovert. This was long before winch cats or other steep grooming techniques and it slid out of control down part of the slope. Pea brain, but large cojones.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.