Skied where, and skiing this wkend 3/29-4/1?
9 posts
6 users
2k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 29, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Quote: And the days dwindle down to a precious few...
Sad words, especially for snow days.
So where have you skied this winter, and where are you skiing this weekend?
Before heading anywhere this weekend be sure to call ahead and make sure the resort is open and exactly what trails remain open.
And thanks to SkiBumMSP (aka Steven) for his comprehensive report in the resorts forum..saved me a ton of trouble.
That said: Have a great unseason.
The Colonel
Murphy
March 29, 2007
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
You always forget about poor ol' Winterplace on that list. They need some love too.
SkiBumMSP
March 30, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
This royally sucks!

It does not look like I'll be able to make it up to Timberline after all. Go figure that on the last weekend of viable skiing here in the mid-Atlantic, I have to come down with a nasty stomach flu! Granted, I am probably through the worst of it (I did not even go to work on Wednesday), but I just don't feel I am up to making the 3 1/2 hour drive up there, two days of skiing and then having to make the 3 1/2 hour drive back.

Alas, this is definitely it for me until next year.
Clay
March 30, 2007
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Been there done that. You definately don't want to make that drive if you're not feeling well. Sucks you will miss the last weekend, but feel better soon. Now your memories of T-Line over the summer will be a foot of powder, while the rest of us will remember slush

Clay
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
March 30, 2007
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
I don't know Steve, those two passes over Shenendoah and Alleghany mountains might be just the thing to clear out the rest of the crap from your stomach. You could end up feeling better than ever. There is also the opportunity to launch lunch from the chairlift - you don't want to miss that. best wishes either way.
skier219
March 30, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
You know, I like Dave's advice about the mountain driving remedy, but seriously, out of the entire ski season you picked a good weekend (two days of skiing slush) to be sick. Better this weekend than a primo powder weekend. Hope you feel better!
SkiBumMSP
March 31, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Quote:

You know, I like Dave's advice about the mountain driving remedy, but seriously, out of the entire ski season you picked a good weekend (two days of skiing slush) to be sick. Better this weekend than a primo powder weekend. Hope you feel better!

You got a point there. That Snowy Luau weekend was divine! Some of the best skiing I've had all season (that day at Sno Mountain over president's day weekend was a close second).

But still, would've been nice to have been able to finish it off this weekend. At least I got those few turns in at Wintergreen last Sunday. I am feeling much better now than I did yesterday, so it looks like tomorrow will be when I pack up my skis and other gear until around December when it is hoped we get to do it all over again.

I'd be curious to hear/see the reports of just how the skiing actually was up there at Timberline this weekend.
April 3, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Don't for get to take the second questionaire included in this post. I am trying to compile a list of all the ski areas we DCSkiers hit this past season!
If there are two or more DCSkiers in your household, then each should fill in their results.
Thank you,
The Colonel
April 5, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Sixty+ DCSkiers have voted in the poll for the number of days skied this year. Only fifty+ have voted in the "Where did you ski this year?" poll at the top of this post.
Please fill in the second poll listed here so I can capture the actual places we skied and number of DCSkiers that went skiing this season.
Thanks,
The Colonel

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?