In Loving Memory of Crunchy...you will be missed!
5 posts
4 users
2k+ views
fishnski
March 27, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Crunchy could hardly get to sleep tonite I'm sure...after all, there is a big Dump Coming! He is in Utah & by wed & thur morning he will be faced with what JohnL says will be a Mind erasing experience. He will soon be looking down a 40 pitch drop with 2foot + of that mind erasing but enhancing & famed Utah Powder.
By the time he makes it down the run All memory of those Sweet & loving times he had up at Canaan/TL will be history ..It was fun reading his posts & all the enthusiasim that went along with them...He had just discovered the Alpps & was loving life. The White grass Hopper will now come back from this trip as "The Master"
The Crunchy as we knew him is gone..He has moved on to bigger & better things...send us a postcard Crunch, & we will hang it above the fireplace mantle at the Canaan Vly lodge....In Loving Memory of Crunchy....you will be missed!
crunchy
March 27, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
aww thanks fishnski! well, actually i leave thursday morning, so i wont ski till friday, so I was able to sleep last night, but i did have powder dreams the freshies potential is looking good with the tues/wed forecast, and temps will remain cold until friday too, so im hoping for the best! But i will take advantage of this nice weather here and ride the motorcycle to work again today

Don't worry man, my heart will always be with "West By-God" and one day I hope to own my own peice of it! BTW, I love the new ad campaign for WV that says, "Whatever you do, don't come to WV"
Chad
March 27, 2007
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
Quote:

aww thanks fishnski! well, actually i leave thursday morning, so i wont ski till friday, so I was able to sleep last night, but i did have powder dreams the freshies potential is looking good with the tues/wed forecast, and temps will remain cold until friday too, so im hoping for the best!

my bro in utah just sent me this:

Quote:

Total accumulations by Thursday morning should be in the 18-30 inch range. Lake effect is possible but the flow may become too northerly by Wednesday night. However, if the flow remains northwest greater amounts are possible.

dont worry about cold temps. wont be an issue in the mountains. plus with the snow coming mid-week, late in the season, there should be plenty left for you on friday.

i have enjoyed your trip reports from canaan. you have had a good run this year. wish i was going, but my ski budget for this year has been exhausted.
jimmy
March 27, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Capn Crunch you have had a charmed season this year, u been to Utah before? U had powder dreams last nite you'll be too tranced out to sleep friday. Hope you need a snorkel .
crunchy
March 27, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
Quote:

Capn Crunch you have had a charmed season this year, u been to Utah before? U had powder dreams last nite you'll be too tranced out to sleep friday. Hope you need a snorkel .

couldn't have asked for a better season out here. Altho I gotta admit a few of my trips to WV were either calculated or last minute decisions based on weather forecasts. Altho, since im not married, I have little responsibilities to worry about and can be more spontaneous. i guess that will change sometime unless I meet the right woman!

Never been to Utah tho. But my bud who lives out that way will be a good guide, and he is letting me pick the places to ski since he knows em all pretty well already. Im thinking about the trifecta of Alta, SnowBird and Solitude. Plus he has alot of sweet skis so I dont have to worry about luggin mine

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.