Timberline TR - 2/19/2007
1 post
1 user
1k+ views
Craig
February 19, 2007
Member since 01/24/2007 🔗
22 posts
Conditions were fantastic at Timberline today. All trails were open with 6-8" of new powder covering the mountain from the previous day.

I worked my way from skier's left to right. Twister, Dew Drop, and Almost heaven had a fast packed-powder surface with occasional patches of hard-pack where the winds had blown off the new snow. This was my first time on the new Twister trail. It was very sweet towards the top, but was designed with a few too many flat run-outs to maintain a good speed to the lift without skating.

White Lightning was fantastic. I can't decide if the widening was anything more than a cosmetic change. They've pretty much wiped out Silver Streak as it exists now as merely a bumped up segment skier's right of White Lightning.

Ducking into Glade Runner, I found tracked, but still soft powder snow, and good glade maintenance all around.

The Drop had huge whales of snow beneath every snow gun skier's left and enjoyable 1/2 foot deep soft powder moguls on the right.

Off the Wall was the best I've ever seen it. They obviously had groomed it in the past couple weeks. It skied extremely fast with terrific snow conditions, soft powder moguls, and that awesome steepness I hadn't been able to really enjoy the last time I skied it due to the whales. Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with those mounds of snow! The back sides are always icy, so launching off them invites injury.

Great day of skiing all around! Roads were passable though snowy driving in and clear by evening.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?