Timberline TR Friday March 3rd
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
BushwackerinPA
March 6, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Well I decided on Timberline friday. The drive down was really scenic from the burgh took 2.5 hours to get there, despite traffic and road conditions entering the valley. Timberline is a fantastic crusing mountian the blues,blacks and double blacks were some of the best, nicest groomed trails I have skied in the area. Firm packed powder was the condition of the day and made for very easy skiing everywhere. I kinda of wanted to see Off the Wall in it glory but it too was groom to perfection, making for one hairy, dnagerous and fun GS turn ride down the hill. (FYI Blue Knobs steeps are steeper than OTW IMO) After skiing groomers all day and getting a gold nastar medal(platnuim eluded me this time),bored I took John Anderson's advice and skied the closed but skiable Upper Silver streak. The right side had nice snow on it, and was fun to advoid the bare spot and ski the crud there, so fun I went up and did 2 more times. Nice little mountain I am going to try to make it down again sometime this spring.
fishnski
March 6, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Was there the same day Mr Wacker...Groomers paradise!! Even my Ole Lady could go down OTW & the Drop! Snow all day in the sunshine...Wasn't that strange? 0 Lift lines= Spoiled.....Saw your tracks on Silver streak! The 3 inch snowfall in 2 hours the night before was the bomb with my cocktail hour...saw a critter that was about 2.5 feet tall & just shy of 3 feet long..furry & a little hunchedbacked & moved fast & smooth over the fresh snow...was doing alcohol not LSD..What the freak was that???!? PUT SOME PADS ON THUNDERDRAFT!!! the friggin lift sits to low...Twister is a downhiller(with no skier traffic) Great Weekend in the Valley!!
BushwackerinPA
March 6, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
yeah snow and sunshine and the views. Awesome.

what was the critter? me = confused
canaanman
March 6, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
That critter easily could've been a fisher.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?