Snowshoe Conditions ?
2 posts
2 users
1k+ views
tskski
December 31, 2006
Member since 03/13/2003 🔗
122 posts
My husband and I are thinking about going to the shoe tomorrow. If anyone is skiing there today, we would appreciate a report on the snow conditions. We thought about going to Mass. but they only have two trails open. Thanks for any info.
skier219
January 4, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Little late, but I was at SS yesterday (1/3). Snow was very good overall. Primarily packed powder that softened up during the day. Some icy spots, some slushy spots (mostly confined to 2-3 trails). Beautiful sunny day in the mountains, with temps ranging from 30F inthe morning to 50F in the afternoon. Overall, it was excellent skiing given the recent weather. No blacks are open, but I had a fun time skiing blues and greens -- gave me a chance to nitpick different aspects of my skiing and work on improvements I don't normally think about when storming the blacks all day.

The lift lines were horrendous at times, and some of the trails were very crowded. Lots of college students, and I guess some young kids are still out of school too. I imagine my perception of crowds was due to the Western territory not being open -- that tends to isolate me from the masses when I ski over there.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.