The Anti Snowman
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
fishnski
December 16, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Yes, that is right folks..The Anti Snowman.. Mountain Mash AKA Snow Diablo has been hard at work! Everytime we get a hint of a new cold snap or a potential east coast snowstorm,..the Anti Snowman or Snow devil whichever you prefer..has jinxed it. The weather Models have made an almost complete reversal in the last 24 hours. All the weatherman are confused. We need to find this Diablo & throw Holy Powder on him..we must act now!
Snowmakers
December 17, 2006
Member since 11/23/2004 🔗
222 posts
The end is in sight.

Models depicting a major cooldown, and a return to below average temps starting Christmas day.

If you want a sample, heres crappuweather. I would post a model image, but many would not know how to read it, so here is a link to the models interpreted.

Accuweather - Snowshoe, WV
fishnski
December 17, 2006
3,530 posts
I just CKed out the latest Info that I could find & it seems the F-Casters are still confused with a few different scenarios that could develope. The most positive one for us would be some snow for our mtns just before X-Mas....Course the Anti-Snowman will be hard at work to cancel those plans!
fishnski
December 17, 2006
3,530 posts
I forgot to mention the "chance" for good snowmaking with a "chance" of a little frozen precip early tue morn thru wed nite....Where is that Holy powder? I think it is being shipped by the rescuers up on Mt Hood as soon as they are done there....I bet they wish the Anti-Snowman was in operation there!
dmh
December 18, 2006
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
127 posts
Herb Stevens, the Skiing Weatherman, has an equivocal forecast for the next two weeks. He seems to think there is a chance for some actual snow the holiday week but it is contingent on several things falling into place. Call him guardedly optimistic.

http://www.snocountry.com/article.php?story=20061217094433569

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?