Old Man Winter's Back From Vacation.
4 posts
4 users
canaanman
January 17, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
Good news!

According to the latest predictions and models from the NOAA the mountainous and "flatland" of the Mid-Atlantic are going to see nothing but cold and snow through at least next weekend. We should all thank those unfrozen Great Lakes for providing this quality moment.

And now your seven day mountain forecast:
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/WVZ041.php?warncounty=WVC093&city=Davis
SCWVA
January 17, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Sounds good to me. Snowshoe's webpage said it was -8F this am. Great snowmaking weather. I'm heading up to the Shoe on Wednesday night for 4 days of skiing. Hopefully they'll get everything open by then. Maybe even some freshies ?

Has anybody checked to see how our actual MidDec to MidJan. weather has compared with the early season predictions?

Does anybody have a copy of the Farmer's Almanac? If so, when's the next big storm?
tgd
January 17, 2005
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
According to wxrisk.com there is potential for a major east coast snow storm this weekend : Jan 23-24.
kennedy
January 18, 2005
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
Yep I heard it on the news this morning.Let's not over analyse for fear of jinxing. I'm heading to the Springs this weekend for some ripping, the cold temps have really allowed them to coat the place nicely.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?