thong, tha, thong, thong, thong!
8 posts
6 users
2k+ views
boardloco
September 27, 2006
Member since 09/19/2006 🔗
2 posts
So my dad, sister and I were on the beach. The sand was hot and my dad wanted to go to the concession stand. He yelled out (keep in mind we were around MANY people) - hey, Nicole (my sister) can I wear your thongs! Let's just say there were more than a few snickers!

What do you call them: thongs, flipflops, sandals, etc. I've been trying to prove to my dad that no-one uses the term "thong" anymore unless you're referring to butt floss, but he doesn't believe me. I've looked at sites like www.snowboardpricing.com and www.zappos.com but don't find a clear answer. Is it a regional thing?
BushwackerinPA
September 27, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
really?! your from the region maybe you should you know

Oh yes feeding the troll, aint it fun?
boardloco
September 27, 2006
Member since 09/19/2006 🔗
2 posts
well, I live in CA now and we call them sandals or flipflops. I haven't heard many people refer to them as "thongs" so I'm not sure where he picked it up. Just wondering where else people say the various terms.
TLaHaye
September 27, 2006
Member since 02/9/2005 🔗
136 posts
FlipFlops were thongs for years before thongs appeared. Think of it ... a couple thin straps holding the important part in place ....
David
September 27, 2006
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Most of the time I say thongs.....I don't know if it has to do with the region I live in though??
POWPOW
September 28, 2006
Member since 05/10/2005 🔗
124 posts
Quote:

So my dad, sister and I were on the beach. The sand was hot and my dad wanted to go to the concession stand. He yelled out (keep in mind we were around MANY people) - hey, Nicole (my sister) can I wear your thongs! Let's just say there were more than a few snickers!

What do you call them: thongs, flipflops, sandals, etc. I've been trying to prove to my dad that no-one uses the term "thong" anymore unless you're referring to butt floss, but he doesn't believe me. I've looked at sites like www.snowboardpricing.com and www.zappos.com but don't find a clear answer. Is it a regional thing?

BushwackerinPA
September 28, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
ok so I clicked on the links(not really spam like i thought) but this is for sure a weird first post, maybe you should go to introduction forum and tell us about yourself.
tromano
September 28, 2006
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
My Dad calls them thongs. But he's old and from Texas, he also calls a backpack a satchel. If you want more information about thongs here is a link to a previous dicussion on that topic.

http://www.dcski.com/ubbthreads22/showfl...=true#Post13647

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.