Who here is on Epic? TGR? and other ski sites?
17 posts
12 users
3k+ views
BushwackerinPA
August 2, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
I was curious and I bet everyone else is what other ski sites you belong to. I am on both epic and TGR and my screenname on both is the same as this site "BushwackerinPA" so whats your screenname on some of the other ski sites.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
August 2, 2006
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
I like www.epicski.com
Can't resist responding sometimes to ski trip questions. Will decline on screen name to keep poorly cloaked anonymity.

The forums at www.tetongravity.com are too hip for me, although I enjoyed lurking on thread about guys going for huge air at Kirkwood, CA this past season.

Amazing how the internet has allowed us to tap into local knowledge all around the country, the world for that matter.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
August 2, 2006
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
I'm a long time poster of frivolous posts on EpicSki. Just as here I started out as Springhill Crazie and this last year switched to Laurel Hill Crazie on both sites. I post on the Pocono bound pa ski and ride under a Springhill Crazie anagram.

The renegades from Powder at TGR are just too wild for this old fart.
Ullr
August 2, 2006
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
TGR, Epic, PA Ski and Ride, Ski NC & Snowheads.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
August 2, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
While I have visited a few of the sites mentioned in this thread I basically stick with Scott's "goog ol' DCSki". It is the best of the bunch, has tons of local info, some nonesence, some antagonists, and ...well, it simply is the best! Who can beat Jimmy, etc? NO ONE!
The Colonel
Roy
August 3, 2006
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
I have to agree with the Colonel. There's nothing like good ole DCSki. I've done some lurking on other sites but no posting. Meanwhile, I look at DCSki almost Daily.
warren
August 3, 2006
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Colonel,
I have to agree. I'm on here almost daily also.
How do you all think I keep my sanity during the "unseason"
And with the heat we've had on the east-coast this summer , I'm ready for Winter!

-Warren-
comprex
August 3, 2006
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Check out first tracks online
BushwackerinPA
August 3, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Quote:

Check out first tracks online

link?
jimmy
August 3, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Quote:

I was curious and I bet everyone else is what other ski sites you belong to. I am on both epic and TGR and my screenname on both is the same as this site "BushwackerinPA" so whats your screenname on some of the other ski sites.

I'm on dcski pretty much daily, epic probably weekly made a few posts over there, just to keep Josh humble , i'm strictly a lurker on TGR. Bears and maggots sure do spend a lot of time posting, i don't have the energy for that...... anyways, if you're familiar with the quality discourse on those other sites, i'm wondering how they'd handle the Moonshine Mountain project ????

I think over on TGR, "dewwwwd, you heard about that new ski resort, ya i think it's called Chronic Canyon, buddy says that Redbud Chutes are so rad ya?"
BushwackerinPA
August 3, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Yeah sometimes I think wow interent forums are evil things, I spend way to much time on them. Then I see members that post 5-10 post daily over the course of many years, and think to myself I am not so bad.

Am I the only one here that uses the same user name on every website I am on?
Ullr
August 6, 2006
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Almost forgot Biglines, Goski Talk & The ski fourm at Weather.com
comprex
August 7, 2006
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
I don't want to spread myself too thin and lose the essential flavor.
tromano
August 24, 2006
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I post on epic very rarely, and lurk at tgr a little. I am the same name at both howeve rI lost my password for epic and cant seemt to get it back. I will eventually have to get a new id.
bawalker
August 24, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I think I've been to epic and a few others less than a dozen times total. Something about them, they don't have the flare that DCSki does.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
August 25, 2006
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
I've been on Epic in the past but not recently. If I'm contemplating a visit to a us resort that I've never been to, I'll visit and do research on past threads. For European ski resort research, I like the UK site, snowheads.com. But since most of my skiing is local, DCSki is my favorite.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.