Skiing websites
10 posts
7 users
1k+ views
jimmy
May 10, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
I poached this topic from another site (shhh, i really only visit dcski )...anyway, what other websites do you loyal dcskiers visit. I was "referred" to dcski by OnTheSnow.com a couple of years ago. Where else do you all go for snow/ski/board information & entertainment?
SCWVA
May 10, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
DCski is only website I check. I'm just too busy working. I did find this nice little video on another ski site. Go to the bottom of the page for the video.

http://www.telemarktips.com/TeleNews11.html
Roy
May 11, 2005
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
As far as anything like DC Ski, this is the only one for me. The forums always have a local flavor and there is enough of us that travel that give great perspectives of places out west, northeast, and europe. Plus, I think most of us are smarter than your average bear so I just hang around here.
Ullr
May 11, 2005
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
The one that you poached it from:

Epic

I also like:
Biglines.com
Snocountry.com
Firsttracksonline.com

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
May 11, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
http://www.snowheads.com/

The focus is mainly on skiing in Europe but there's some info on North America. It's very much a global forum of English speaking skiers--lots of Brits of course but also English speakers from other countries (Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden, France, Italy, ect.).

For researching ski areas, I almost never look at magazines--forums are a much better source of information (more timely and brutally honest).
jimmy
May 11, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Quote:

DCski is only website I check. I'm just too busy working. I did find this nice little video on another ski site. Go to the bottom of the page for the video.

http://www.telemarktips.com/TeleNews11.html

SCHWEEETT!!!
AlpineZone
June 16, 2005
Member since 06/16/2005 🔗
5 posts
Hello all - Well, I guess this is as good a thread as any to introduce myself. I've lurked for a long time. My name is Greg and I run AlpineZone.com. It's a site very similar to DCSki, but we cover Northeast skiing. I do have some profiles on mid-Atlantic ski areas, but again we mostly focus on New England and New York. We've got a great and pretty active community and this summer we're again running the AlpineZone Ski Area Challenge. It's a program where we present questions to ski area reps and then post their responses. It's proven to be a great way to dispell myths and rumors and the feedback from both our members and industry reps has been very positive. Check it out.

I'll hang out here and try to answer any NE-specific ski questions.
oscar
June 16, 2005
Member since 10/19/2004 🔗
1 posts
I use skinc.com their forum has a lot more people on it and covers more resorts and has a broader range of discussion
jimmy
June 16, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Greg, Pretty active forum you have there, neat site. That ski area challenge is amazing to me. I read through the MRG Q&A and the ansers were pretty frank, i think. It's interesting that the areas' management would be open to something like that.

Oscar, welcome to DCSki. Waht's your favorite ski area in NC?
AlpineZone
June 16, 2005
Member since 06/16/2005 🔗
5 posts
Quote:

Greg, Pretty active forum you have there, neat site. That ski area challenge is amazing to me. I read through the MRG Q&A and the ansers were pretty frank, i think. It's interesting that the areas' management would be open to something like that.

Yeah, well this is the second year doing this and we open to the responses to feedback so if they come back with a "canned" marketing response then our members will certainly point that out. I think this season many more resort reps are taking the program much more seriously as evidenced by the responses by some of the American Skiing Co. resorts. BTW, Eric Friedman is a cool guy and MRG is certainly not your average ski area...

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?