Blue Knob closed for season?????
14 posts
8 users
2k+ views
Mountain Masher
March 13, 2006
Member since 03/13/2004 🔗
541 posts
It looks like BK's final day for the 2005-2006 season was Sat., Mar 11. Because of heavy rains in the area Sat. night and early Sun. morning, there wasn't enough snow around the lift loading/unloading areas for skiing on Sun. I was in the area on Sun. evening and drove up to the summit of BK for a look-see. I was amazed at how little snow there was. From what I could tell, most of the slopes are now covered with large bare spots that run the full width of the skiable area. One would think that BK would have put down more of a base for late season skiing given that BK has, on average, colder weather than many ski areas in the mid-Atlantic.
Norsk
March 13, 2006
Member since 05/13/2003 🔗
317 posts
But on the bright side, looks like they will get an early start on their summer logging activities!
Mountain Masher
March 13, 2006
541 posts
For the most part, BK as already logged most of the really valuable timber. However, there's still some lower quality timber that could be harvested for things like pulp-wood and pallet-wood. I've heard more than a few rumors that the resort might engage in even MORE timbering this Summer, but it's just rumors at this point. What I'm also wondering about is whether or not BK will finish the large snowmaking lake that wasn't in use this past ski season. My best guess is that the lake will never be fully completed.
POWPOW
March 13, 2006
Member since 05/10/2005 🔗
124 posts
Quote:

For the most part, BK as already logged most of the really valuable timber. However, there's still some lower quality timber that could be harvested for things like pulp-wood and pallet-wood. I've heard more than a few rumors that the resort might engage in even MORE timbering this Summer, but it's just rumors at this point. What I'm also wondering about is whether or not BK will finish the large snowmaking lake that wasn't in use this past ski season. My best guess is that the lake will never be fully completed.

Your probably right on the money there. By now they have heard of such a Hater that they figure they can chisle 5 years off his life by making him worry to death abouth what they are or arent doing there. Hell iv sent them some weird ideas to get the blood flowing.
Mountain Masher
March 13, 2006
541 posts
Hey POWPOW! I'm extremely impressed with your most intelligent post! Keep up the good work! Any more thoughts that you'd like to share with us? I always enjoy a good discussion with someone of high intellect like yourself. Thanks for a great post!!!!!! And, by the way, I enjoyed your spelling, especially how you spelled "abouth". Also, I love your grammar as you used "Your" when you should have used "You're". Are you going up to BK this Spring to help by doing some logging?????
langleyskier
March 14, 2006
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
Quote:

Hey POWPOW! I'm extremely impressed with your most intelligent post! Keep up the good work! Any more thoughts that you'd like to share with us? I always enjoy a good discussion with someone of high intellect like yourself. Thanks for a great post!!!!!! And, by the way, I enjoyed your spelling, especially how you spelled "abouth". Also, I love your grammar as you used "Your" when you should have used "You're". Are you going up to BK this Spring to help by doing some logging?????

MM- thanks for the helpful and friendly post that really shows your maturity
Mountain Masher
March 14, 2006
541 posts
langleyskiier, "thank you" for the "complement"! So, can I take it that you approve of POWPOW's post? My post was simply in RESPONSE to POWPOW's ridiculous post. POWPOW brought things down to an immature level FIRST, yet you see fit to single me out. You have a strange logic and are being VERY UNFAIR to me!!!!!!!!!!!
Murphy
March 14, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Quote:

langleyskiier, "thank you" for the "complement"! So, can I take it that you approve of POWPOW's post? My post was simply in RESPONSE to POWPOW's ridiculous post. POWPOW brought things down to an immature level FIRST, yet you see fit to single me out. You have a strange logic and are being VERY UNFAIR to me!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you argue with the "HE STARTED IT" defense?!?!
Mountain Masher
March 14, 2006
541 posts
FACTS ARE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!! POWPOW brought the discussion down to a VERY immature level FIRST! Plus, he doesn't even know how to spell or use proper grammar!! So, you want to defend POWPOW????? And, why do you think that the person who starts something should get a free ride? I don't quite follow you here.
JR
March 14, 2006
Member since 01/1/2003 🔗
276 posts
Aside from all the rediculousness that seems to erupt every time someone posts about blue knob (except, I'll note, the very positive trip report I had from there the suspiciously got ignored by certain people) Blue Knob has done one heck of a job this year given the weather. They opened Extrovert and Stemboggen extremely late this year. I heard regulars of the place in line mention how they NEVER open new terrain as late as they did this year, and it was in FINE shape I might add.

So despite the agendas of some, I reiterate, I had an INCREDIBLE time when I went up there this year and it was due to aggressive snowmaking by the management, not good luck with the weather.
Roger Z
March 14, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Really, MM, you've gone from sounding like a pessimist to sounding like a three year old. You get more ridiculous by the day.
Mountain Masher
March 15, 2006
541 posts
Roger Z, so let me get this straight, I sound like 3 year old, yet POWPOW (who STARTED with a 2 year old post) sounds like a mature adult to you? Two things that you're NOT in your post: fair and objective. By the way, hope that you've been doing some awesome skiing!
Scott - DCSki Editor
March 15, 2006
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Alright, let's put this thread to rest, OK? I don't think there's anything of value left to be said.
Murphy
March 15, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Quote:

Alright, let's put this thread to rest, OK? I don't think there's anything of value left to be said.

Awww but dad, do we have to?!?!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?