Anyone planning to go to Whitetail on March 3rd?
2 posts
2 users
chadinsomd
February 26, 2006
Member since 02/26/2006 🔗
6 posts
Hi, Just wondering if anyone is planning to go to Whitetail on Friday March 3rd? Just wondering what to expect, this will be my first ski trip in 15 years, and first one on the east coast. I am going with a friend, but we'd be willing to meet up with anyone that is familiar with Whitetail. We are both starting out for the first time. He's been twice total, and I've been about 20 or 30 times in Colorado, but I say starting out because it's been about 15 years since I have gone, so I'll probably be a bit shaky at first.
Thanks,
Chad (In southern MD, Lexington Park)
wojo
February 26, 2006
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts
Was at Whitetail today. Some of the runs are getting narrow :-( The end is in sight. I am "guessing" two more weeks. Enjoy your trip. Expect spring conditions and bring suntan lotion, eat outside on the deck and have a great time.

That being said, conditions were stupendous in the am, park was great. But, ice was starting to show at 1230. Prior to that the lines were short the snow was good. Best runs were limelight and bold decision, exhibition looked like icy mogels and far side was loose granular/corn. Upper angel was showing ice about noon, prior to that it was packed powder. WONDERFUL DAY

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.