Hello from Southern MD
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
chadinsomd
February 26, 2006
Member since 02/26/2006 🔗
6 posts
Hi All, My name is Chad. I have not skied in about 15 years (or so). I grew up in Golden, CO and skied all through middle school and High School at several resorts in CO: Loveland, Winter Park, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Cooper, Breckenridge, Arapahoe Basin, and maybe one or two others that I have forgotten. I am worried that 1) I will not remember how to ski, A friend and I are going to Whitetail on Friday the 3rd of March, planning to be there right when they open. 2) I am worried that if these new "shaped" skis are as good and easy as advertised, that it will all come back to me quickly and I may be a bit disappointed by the slopes at Whitetail. I am mainly concerned that I'll just be falling all over the place, to start. I would say that I was a good intermediate skier in High School in Colorado, but that was 15 years ago and I haven't gone once since then. I also used straight skis then, that seemed to be huge. I have viewed the webcams on the whitetail site and noticed that the expert runs look to be in my honest opinion about what the blue runs were at Breckenridge or Winter Park. A little difficult, but not too bad. Any suggestions or tips, or maybe what to expect would be appreciated. Thanks for any assistance, needless to say I am incredibly excited to go, I honestly can't wait to go and honestly think I will have a great time there.
Thanks,
Chad
fishnski
February 26, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Hello chad from Southern Md...Look, the yellow perch are biting,the white perch should soon start thier annual spawn run,Big Cow stripers will be way up the feeder Creeks soon....all down there in good ole Southern Md....why are you going skiing now?? Isn't that the reason you moved from CO to the east coast? The smell of fish guts & the Ole bay is calling...why sit all thru the ski season just to plan this "Spring trip"?....SIKE!..... GET YOUR BUTT ON THEM SLOPES BOY!!! The fish will be there when you get back!!!.....
comprex
February 26, 2006
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Hello there.

Keep your feet apart so you don't cross your tails, and have a (probably effortless) blast.
chadinsomd
February 26, 2006
Member since 02/26/2006 🔗
6 posts
Thanks for the advice. Silly me, huh? I know, I know... I should have gone skiing before now, it's just the Olympics. Watching the downhill events really, really made me want to go skiing. It's a shame I am not closer, but 3 hours or a bit more is not too far to go. Most of the resorts in Colorado were about 2-4 hours from where I lived, but that was Colorado too.... worth every minute of the drive up there. I just hope I don't have my expectations set too high, both for skiing ability (remembering how to), and for what the slopes will be like. It does look like it will be fun though!
Thanks,
Chad

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.