Winterplace discount
4 posts
3 users
5k+ views
Roger Z
February 5, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
For those of you on the south end of this board, Kroger is running a Winterplace discount right now. Last night, I thought I heard that if you show your Kroger plus card at Winterplace, you buy one ticket and get the second lift ticket free. Murphy thought he heard you get half off the second lift ticket. So it's one or the other, but there's savings to be had if you're heading that way to take advantage of the now-returned winter air!

That said, we all know that Punxsatawney Phil saw his shadow this week. Is it six MORE weeks of winter, or just six weeks of winter (can you have "more" of something if you haven't had any of it in the first place? Tough philosophical question of the day ).
Murphy
February 5, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Quote:

For those of you on the south end of this board, Kroger is running a Winterplace discount right now. Last night, I thought I heard that if you show your Kroger plus card at Winterplace, you buy one ticket and get the second lift ticket free. Murphy thought he heard you get half off the second lift ticket. So it's one or the other, but there's savings to be had if you're heading that way to take advantage of the now-returned winter air!

That said, we all know that Punxsatawney Phil saw his shadow this week. Is it six MORE weeks of winter, or just six weeks of winter (can you have "more" of something if you haven't had any of it in the first place? Tough philosophical question of the day ).

I believe you are correct (This event should be archived in some better form than a messageboad). It is buy one get one free!

ps. did you get a load of that snizzle storm that just blew though? It was fierce.
Roger Z
February 5, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
I was actually pelted by the snizzle on the way back from Kroger. It hurt. I was happy.
canaanman
February 5, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
Actually the discount is buy one MIDWEEK (Mon-Thurs) ticket and get one of equal or lesser value free, saving up to $39.50. Unfortunately you can't heckle them into modifying it so that you could pick-up a weekend half-day ticket for the same deal (thereby splitting the cost of one ticket with a friend), even though the weekend half-day rate is lower than the weekday full rate. Looks like I'll just be skipping some class to go riding...

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?