No one alive at SNOWSHOE?
10 posts
8 users
1k+ views
chuckie
December 1, 2005
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
77 posts
So I thought about booking a trip to SNOWSHOE over XMAS, but nobody has answered the phone up there for 2 days straight on the reservation line... the info line is a recording. INTRAWEST.

I'm guessing zombies ate them all?

chuckie
kwillg6
December 1, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,074 posts
Probably that waskly wabbit did it!
davis
December 1, 2005
Member since 01/20/2005 🔗
21 posts
What do you need in the way of lodging? Old Spruce rents up there and we have some units with them.
chuckie
December 1, 2005
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
77 posts
I called the regular INTRAWEST # and finaly got transferred to reservations. Aparently they have been having phone problems for the last 2 days.

So it wasn't flesh eating zombies afterall.

chuckie
snowcone
December 1, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Actually the reservations system has been having problems off and on for the last 2 months. Apparently the !new! !state-of-the-art! reservation system is a horrible kludge. We call on the direct line to our favorite been-there-forever reservationist and she is about ready to quit; the system is up, the system is down, the system won't take lesson bookings, the system freezes. Apparently the existing Snowshoe booking system was canned this fall and now all is linked into the global Intrawest system with not exactly stellar results.

I'm seriously hoping that WV is maybe just way too 'wild and wonderful' for even Intrawest to tame. [fingers crossed].
SCWVA
December 1, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Quote:

Old Spruce rents up there

I agree. I've rented with them on numerous occasions. We actually rented through them over Thanksgiving and they were quite accommodating.

Davis - What complex are your units located in? May be I've rented your place??

Old Spruce
Crush
December 1, 2005
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,281 posts
Quote:

Apparently the !new! !state-of-the-art! reservation system is a horrible kludge.

Ah .... the joys of Middleware ! Some database guys are not getting a lot of sleep these days!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 1, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
yesterday I tried to get cost estimates for a large family group trip in Feb, and the web site was (as it has been) not working. So I called reservations and got a lot of info. Today I note that the reservation booking wesite is up and well. Try this!
The Colonel
skier219
December 2, 2005
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Their new reservations site sucks. It only has a few canned packages at certain "luxury" levels (bronze, silver, gold). In most cases, you can't even pick the condo complex. Last year, you could book anything online, and even pick the particular unit within a complex! The old system was a lot better. The new one sucks, and you pretty much have to call in to plan a trip now. What a pain.

Craig
snowcone
December 3, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
On Snowshoe's new system:

... besides that it sucks and you are not able to chose accommodations by building it is basically the same. In the past, all of the lodging was classified by the same silver/gold/etc., categories, you just didn't see it. That is how the pricing is determined and also why a number of properties have left the Intrawest system and can be booked thru other rental agencies. This is also why we do our booking thru a particular reservationist; we can request a particular room, building, ski instructor, etc and she always comes thru. PM me if you want her number.

We too are not happy with the changes we see so far but are reserving judgment until after our 1st visit on the 15th. It seems to us that Snowshoe is starting to lose its character and becoming just another cog in the Intrawest system; the ski equivalent of a big box store. Bummer.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?