Dear Snowshoe
10 posts
8 users
2k+ views
Snowmakers
December 4, 2006
Member since 11/23/2004 🔗
222 posts
After many days of below freezing temps, snowshoes trail count has remained the same. Id like to know what is up. I was there on Saturday, and at the very least, it looked like Spruce Glades could have opened Sunday. What gives? Today then never did shut the guns down. One would think, and with the experience myself, that they could have at least the trail, nevermind any features.

I guess part of my reason for rant is the fact im going tomorrow, and the same 5 trails for the third trip up there wouldnt be of best interest. Im not wanting this to sound like a MountainMasher comment in any way, But something cant be right.
skier219
December 4, 2006
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
They are probably trying to minimize people skiing on trails with snowmaking in progress.
DWW
December 4, 2006
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
144 posts
They have been curiously quiet. And the Thanksgiving opening was kind of strange (touting 6 trails and then delivering only 5). I think its a lack of PR management skills more than anything. I am going up Thursday, and am hoping for 10-15 trails online by Sunday at least. I would expect them to announce something by mid week about more trail openings for this weekend.
TravisR
December 4, 2006
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
with "close to 200 guns going" and temps in the single digits, they should have enough to open at least a few more trails by tomorrow (tuesday) but....we'll see!! I want to head up but am playing wait and see....
Snowmakers
December 4, 2006
222 posts
New Snow news states they plan to open up Spruce Glades and Powder Monkey sometime this week. Sounds pessimistig for Tuesday.

ndskier
December 4, 2006
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
56 posts
My guess is that spruce glades is ready to go. However, with a terrain park event scheduled for this weekend they will use all week to build up large mounds that they can convert into a couple tables for their "big air" event on sunday. It is crazy to see they haven't opened any new terrain yet though, looking at Wisp's webcams in action makes it hard to believe that snowshoe can't lay down snow on the entire Basin at once.
PaulR
December 5, 2006
Member since 02/10/2006 🔗
34 posts
I was there this past weekend and it was alright. The best part of the trip was being @ Connection's Saturday night and watching all the underage college chicks getting hammered and literally falling on their faces...good times . We hit the 1 trail each day about 15 times...hopefully their snow making team has their stuff together for this weekend.

-Paul
Snowmakers
December 5, 2006
222 posts
Its 12:33am. I just tried to access the snowshoe website. I got this-

The website, www.snowshoemtn.com, is currently offline for maintenance.

Please try again in a few minutes.

I dont know what this means, if anything at all.
Clay
December 5, 2006
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Ooh! They have it in French too! I wouldn't worry about it - THIS site gave the same message (down for maintenance) earlier this evening. I guess you've got to sweep up the extra bits sometime....

Clay
Murphy
December 5, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Quote:

THIS site gave the same message (down for maintenance) earlier this evening. I guess you've got to sweep up the extra bits sometime....

Clay

I saw that and I started to panic a little. Then I hit refresh and it came up. I was worried there for a while.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?