Ski Season is here!
6 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Roy
September 13, 2003
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
The ski season is here! I just saw on the weather channel that Silverton Mountain in Colorado is open. I know that's still far away for most of us but it's pretty exciting to see people skiing on TV and knowing that the season has hit the US.

I'm going home and putting my boots and new skis on and start the snow dances.

PhysicsMan
September 14, 2003
Member since 11/20/2001 🔗
218 posts
Woo-hoo!!!

Last night, my wife just returned from a trip to Denver and said that you could see snow on the high peaks. Apparently everyone out there is super excited about the early start to the season. Of course, its soooo early that people are worried that the areas that open now may not be able to stay open continuously till later in the season.

Tom / PM

Roy
September 14, 2003
609 posts
They're still in the middle of a drought out there so I'm worried they will get the snow in spurts again. Heavy early, heavy late, nothing in the middle.
Chad
September 29, 2003
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
tenney mountain in new hampshire is opening this coming saturday...

http://www.tenneymtn.com

Roy
October 1, 2003
609 posts
I'm actually thinking about taking a trip up there in a couple of weeks. I wonder how good this new snowmaking machine is.
finsoutoc
October 1, 2003
Member since 09/30/2003 🔗
172 posts
roy, from what i understand, it makes very good snow, but with the temps being warmer, that snow quickly turns to corn. as i mentioned in my pa update, a local golf course in york will be running the same equipment in 2004 and hopes to have a year round snow park and halfpipe.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?