New trail at wintergreen
5 posts
3 users
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
August 4, 2005
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
oooooh. got email from WG - new trail. also on website. top of highlands to half way down, convienently next to the houses. just a little something to cool the night.
TLaHaye
August 4, 2005
Member since 02/9/2005 🔗
136 posts
That should be a great slope, through some interesting terrain. It gets really steep as you drop around Wild Turkey and into the Chute, where this new slope ends. My only real concern is that the exposure is southerly, and it may be hard to hold snow, depending what they do with trees and contours.

I don't think this terrain is accessible from the houses up above, but we'll see.
wgo
August 5, 2005
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Could be an interesting slope, if they make it a narrow-winding-thru trees type trail. Would also help with the trail holding snow.
TLaHaye
August 5, 2005
Member since 02/9/2005 🔗
136 posts
I dropped my kid off for dryland camp this weekend, and checked out the new "trail". Nothing is cleared yet from the top, and I couldn't see much work underway yet at all, but as you stand on the slope, you get a pretty could sense of where they're going with this thing. It will be sweet, and we really do need it to take some pressure off Cliffhanger.

It's going to make that detachable chair just that much more valuable. I've just got to get into better shape this year. Those 4 minute lift rides to ski 1,000 feet vertical last year were killer.
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
August 5, 2005
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
i just hope it's open when I'm up there this year.

hey, is much going on up there in the summer? are the bike trails and bungee tampolene worth a visit?
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?