Snowshoe Conditions
2 posts
2 users
SCWVA
April 4, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Did anybody make it to Snowshoe Yesterday? How is Cupp & Shay's holding up after the rain?

I'm trying to get out to the slopes one more time this year. I may go on Tuesday, if not next Sunday.
skier219
April 4, 2005
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Quote:

Did anybody make it to Snowshoe Yesterday? How is Cupp & Shay's holding up after the rain?

I'm trying to get out to the slopes one more time this year. I may go on Tuesday, if not next Sunday.

Definitely go!!! Cupp and Shays were awesome on Saturday, despite the rain. Yes, there were a lot of bare spots and some areas where you would have to jump across a dirt patch or walk, but that just made it interesting. On first glance, the trails looked bad, but it was some of the best skiing I have had this year. And they picked up 5-8" on Saturday night, so it could only have gotten better.

Cupp/Shays were closed Sunday due to wind so I did not get a chance to see how they looked, and don't know know if they will remain open much longer. But the rest of the mountain is in excellent shape, so take advantage of it!!

I will post a more detailed trip report later on. In short, this was some awesome spring skiing!!!

CRaig

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.