T-line report March 3-6
3 posts
3 users
fred
March 8, 2005
Member since 12/23/2004 🔗
59 posts
I keep hearing from some of the employees at T-line that management is reading this forum. Since I can't find anyone to express my comments and concerns to when I'm at the mountain, I'm going to use this forum in hopes that they will listen. I'm a home owner and a frequent visitor.

Snow conditions - excellent
Undeveloped terrain (tree runs) - virtually unlimited
Potential - huge
Lifts - slowest in the midatlantic, greasy (ruined my wife's new jacket)
Lift attendant at orange triple - yells at kids
Customer service - non existant
Terrain Park - to little to late, let's see some new rails and jumps to play on
Lodge - dirty, old, nonfunctional, hard to walk through
Parking - confusing
Bathrooms - disgusting
Bar - filled with smoke (no smoking signs posted by health department = joke???)

Sorry for the downer after an epic snow weekend, but if the T-line management is reading I don't want them to think that everything is great there just because the snow is excellent. What an epic snowfall!!!
tromano
March 8, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Fred,

Yea the lifts were droppign 50 weight oil like crazy. Are they gas powered or what? Thunderdraft smelled like a refinery.

I actually thought he lodge was ok. I like the multiple hand rails everyhwere. However there are so many stairs and that even with the rails its not the best.

Yea and the parking stinks. Can we invest in a pole with a rope to stake out the parking lanes?
JohnL
March 8, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Having skied Timberline this past weekend, here's my own take.

Snow conditions - most excellent
Undeveloped terrain (tree runs) - If management every wants help clearing out fallen logs and trimming underbrush in different sections, I'd bet there'd be plenty of volunteers from this forum...
Reality - huge last weekend. F potential.
Lifts - slowest in the midatlantic, greasy (ruined my wife's new jacket). Agreed. I got nailed real bad (covered my jacket and pants.) I washed most of it off with snow. Don't care as much about the spots, more concerned with the affect on the waterproofing of my gear.
Lift attendant at orange triple - yells at kids. Is this good or bad?
Customer service - I didn't need it, but the lifties and ticket window people were friendly to me.
Terrain Park - I'm more concerned with the wooded terrain park.
Lodge - dirty, old, nonfunctional, hard to walk through. Maybe, but if ownership wants to put more money into the place, please put the money into the lifts and snowmaking. If you have any left over, then work on the lodge.
Parking - seemed pretty straight forward to me. I just took a left at the parking sign.
Bathrooms - disgusting. You haven't seen my house.
Bar - filled with smoke (no smoking signs posted by health department = joke???). I'll agree that cigarette smoke is harmful to your lungs, but alcohol does a job on your liver and brain cells. Not that any of that ever mattered to me.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?