Peek'n Peak?
7 posts
5 users
1k+ views
queenoftheslopes
February 16, 2005
Member since 11/15/2004 🔗
143 posts
Has anyone been to Peek'n Peak recently? I will be in Pittsburgh for the weekend and am looking for options other than 7 Springs and Laurel Mt. I skied Peek'n Peak the occasion Saturday when I was in High School, and I remember it being fun but not super challenging. Does anyone have any recent experiences threre? Thanks to all!
tromano
February 17, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
SQOTS,

It sounds like everyone else is on T-Line next weekend.

So what is it then? PKNPK on satudrday, 7springs sunday, Where on Monday? Wisp?
MRPLOW
February 17, 2005
Member since 12/23/2003 🔗
27 posts
I hate to tell you this but all the other areas in the mid atlantic blow away peek n peek. The vertical is only like 400 feet and there is very little variety or challenging terain and steep lift ticket prices. If you are out in that area you might as well go to holiday valley, 750 vertical, 50 trails, glades, moguls, nightlife, and a couple of very steep slopes such as the wall. Why not try Blue Knob or wisp there both closer than peek n peek i'd imagine.

I'll say it again if you are gonna drive all the way to peek n peek drive the extra 45 minutes to holiday valley it literally blows peek n peek away.
himihon
February 17, 2005
Member since 12/28/2004 🔗
20 posts
I have never skied the Peak, but I do know that they get even more snow (off the lake) than Holiday Valley. But, on that note I would still drive the extra 45 minutes to Holiday.
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
February 17, 2005
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
How about giving Hidden Valley a try?
queenoftheslopes
February 17, 2005
Member since 11/15/2004 🔗
143 posts
I love Holiday Valley, I grew up skiing that resort-and had my very first lesson there. I am not sure how doable that is for a day trip from Pittsburgh. I live in DC, but my family has a condo in Pittsburgh, so it is nice to have inexpensive (read: free) accomodations and the closeness of several decent places to ski. Although, I guess we could leave at 6:00 am to get there by opening.

I am not sure about Hidden Valley, I have taken a look there (but never skiied) and was not terrible impressed. I know my mom skiied there and she hated it.
tromano
February 17, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Thanks for idea mrplow.

SQOTS and I are basicly trying to stay kinda near the base in Pittsburg.... Usually we jsut go for a day or two to places arround like 7S. The whole idea of Peak'n was to avoid crowds for the day on saturday. But 400 vertical? Fughedaboudit.

Holiday is a better destination than 7S, proabbly better than anything in the midatlantic with the possible exception of the Shoe. I skied Holiday for 4 days over MLK weekend last season. So thats much better if we are going to drive from Pitt. Well, we can jsut see how it plays out I guess...

So SQOTS the revized itnerary

Saturday Peak'n (or Holiday if we get up early), Sunday 7S, Monday 7S. Sound good?

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.