Big Snow in the Laurel Mountains-Yahoo!
3 posts
2 users
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
December 13, 2004
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
I went up to my Hidden Valley condo on Friday night (12/10) and I was discourage as I drove through rain and dense fog. However, as I awoke Saturday morning, I could see the white flakes falling. It snowed all day and most of the day on Sunday. Hidden Valley had its' "Ski Season Opening Party" on Saturday night and it was great looking out the ski lodge windows with the snow coming down. By Sunday we had about 2-3 inches on the ground. The better news is that the lake effect snow machine has been turned on and it should snow for the next 3 days. Eight inches is anticipated. Additionally, if you've checked any of the web sites in the area, you can see the snow guns blowing out white gold.
The weather is so different west of the 'The Front'. When I left HV on Sunday, it was snowing and 28 degrees. When I arrived back in Balto on Sunday evening it was 41 degress and NO snow.
jb714
December 13, 2004
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
I've been watching the Webcams at 7 Springs today - it looks like it's coming down VERY heavily. They also have the snow guns cranked up, but it appears that most of it is natural snow, and plenty of it.
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
December 13, 2004
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
Yes they appear to be blowing snow every where. It looks very similar on the Wisp website. 7springs will open terrain pretty quickly. I also understand that they're going to open Laurel Mountain this Friday.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?