Great Lakes Powder in the Laurel Highlands
3 posts
3 users
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
January 18, 2005
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
We received abount 10" of fresh Great Lakes Powder on Sunday night and on Monday morning I made fresh tracks for about my first hour of skiing. In fact, Im' no powder skier and I did a few face plants. Unfortunately, some of the powder snow was 'contaminated' with man made, so it could get a little crusty. It was an amazing turn around after the fist 2 weeks of January. They made snow non-stop and still have the snow guns running. Additional lake effect snow is expected this week so nest weekend should be outstanding. Don't miss it!!
BushwackerinPA
January 18, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Hidden Valley monday night was amazing are condo had 14 inches of snow on the deck, and although the skiing was pretty tracked out, the sides still held great snow(about boot cuff level) and the packed stuff was still softer than usual. More snow expected tomorrow, probably 6 inch plus at HV.

Everything on valley is open but the park(roadrunner is open) and barracuda, comet and wrangleron north summit open tonight. So get up to Valley and make some turns.
pwillysim
January 18, 2005
Member since 09/2/2004 🔗
38 posts
It all sounds good. My daughter and I are heading up to the highlands on Friday for a fine day of snowbashing!!!!!!!!!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?