Demo Day at Snowshoe next Friday
Just wondering if anyone is planning on heading down to Snowshoe for the $2 demo day next Friday. Hopefully theyll get some cold weather and be able to open a few more trails by then but even if they dont I cant resist a $2 lift ticket. Now if I can just figure out how to beat the I66 traffic on Thursday afternoon Ill be all set!
My family and I plan to be there Friday morning. Can't wait!
Will be the first demo day for us. Any comments on getting the most out of the day.
Leave early! We travel to SS early (leave Arlington at 1-2 gets us there in 4.5 hrs) on Thursday afternoons, ski Thurs evening, Friday and the weekend and return on Monday. Best times are Sunday afternoon and Monday morning ... slopes are deserted!!
I plan to be there for Friday and then maybe SS or TL on Saturday.
Just cant see myself driving for 5 hours to ski in the rain. Guess Ill try again for the Timberline Demo day. If anyone wants my demo vouchers email me at gottajiboo at hotmail dot com and Ill send them to you or you can come pick them up near Annapolis.
I'm bagging my trip to Timberline this weekend.
There's just not enough cold weather left before the weekend for Timberline to make enough snow to open. However, I hope they prove me wrong.
AAARRRGGGHHHH! John, I can barely stand the thought of spending another weekend looking at the grass I failed to cut and the leaves I didn't rake. Had planz to head to TL Friday night. I'm Catholic so I'll continue to pray for a miracle but the forecast looks like this weekend is shot.
But then maybe a sick day from work next week...anyone got any new excuses I could use?
I just received this in an email from Snowshoe:
For the upcoming Demo Days Weekend, we'll have 4 more trails and 1 more lift at the Silver Creek area opening up. This will bring our weekend total up to 11. Again, this is the most open terrain in the region! Stay tuned to the Snowshoe Snow Report for updates on snowmaking, open trails and special deals.
I've already blown off any hopes of skiing this weekend and I'm starting to get worried about the weekend of Dec 18/19. I was hoping to get two days in at Whitetail and Liberty to get my ski legs back and take advantage of the free lessons. Even with snowmaking weather returning this weekend, I don't know if they will have any non-beginner terrain open by next weekend.
Jimmy, I mowed my lawn the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and it's pretty close to needing another mowing. In December!
just remember that 11 trail figure is probably more like 4 real top to bottom runs of the green/easy blue variety. something is better than nothin i guess....
Jimmy, I wish we had more snow than leaves. I can't believe how fast the snow is melting on Upper White Lightning. It's depressing to say the least.
John, the cold weather coming next week should allow a lot of resorts to open by the 18th, including WT and Liberty. If not, you might consider day tripping it to 7 Springs. I've done that many times.
Whitetail will definitely be open the weekend of the 18th/19th. Whether they will be able to open the high-speed quad and at least one blue is much less certain. In the past, they've concentrated their initial snowmaking efforts on the green runs and have opened up with only the greens.
Damn. Took two days off work so I can go ski what will realistically be 3 sloppy trails? Nope. I'm desperate but I can exercise some patience until the new year. After that, hello Tetons, Rockies and Wasatch. I guess I'll go mow the lawn again for now...
Guess there's no chance SS will reschedule the demo days. I took off from work too, but hate to waste my leave to ski on slush in the rain. Guess I'll go to work and save the leave for another day.