Jan. 5 Demo Day Info
4 posts
2 users
569 views
EasternSkiBum
January 3, 2005
Member since 08/20/2004 🔗
68 posts
Hey guys I just got off the phone with the Ski Center, who just got off the phone with Liberty and......

Demo Day on Jan. 5 is on!

See you there.....
JimK - DCSki Columnist
January 4, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,728 posts
Doggonit, this is a major league January thaw isn't it! I'm leaning against an appearance at Liberty tomorrow, although my work is flexible enough that I can make a last minute go/no-go decision. The only ski weather I can't enjoy is an all day cold, soaking rain...and that looks rather likely. Too bad, they still appear to have enough front and backside trails open to make for a fun day. 1/4/05 NOAA Weather statement below for the Mercersburg area sounds unfavorable, however it could be helpful if the wintry mix came down as mostly snow.


SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA 1120 AM EST TUE JAN 4 2005 PAZ034>036-056-057-059-063>066-051900- ADAMS PA-BEDFORD PA-CUMBERLAND PA-DAUPHIN PA-FRANKLIN PA-FULTON PA- LANCASTER PA-LEBANON PA-PERRY PA-YORK PA- 1120 AM EST TUE JAN 4 2005 ...SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT... ...A WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION EXPECTED WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT... A STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE OHIO VALLEY WEDNESDAY...AND EVENTUALLY PASS THROUGH THE STATE. RAIN WILL DEVELOP AS THE STORM APPROACHES THE REGION LATE TONIGHT. HOWEVER...AS COLDER AIR GRADUALLY FILTERS IN FROM THE NORTH...SOME SNOW AND SLEET WILL MIX IN WITH THE RAIN DURING WEDNESDAY...WITH THE WINTRY MIX EXPECTED TO CONTINUE INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THIS MAY PRODUCE A SLUSHY ACCUMULATION OF SNOW AND SLEET ACROSS THE LOWER SUSQUEHANNA VALLEY...ACCUMULATING AN INCH OR SO IN SOME AREAS. THE WINTRY PRECIPITATION EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS WILL LIKELY LEAD TO HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS. IN ADDITION...SHOULD THE COLD AIR REMAIN LOCKED IN PLACE A BIT LONGER THAN CURRENTLY ANTICIPATED...A MORE SIGNIFICANT ACCRETION OF ICE WOULD BECOME POSSIBLE.
EasternSkiBum
January 4, 2005
Member since 08/20/2004 🔗
68 posts
I would definitely check that Liberty is even open tomorrow before making the decision.

I would also keep an eye on the Ski Center website or call before going up if it's raining.

Oh well.... this really does suck!!!
JimK - DCSki Columnist
January 5, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,728 posts
I heard a crew drove up this morning to Liberty to stage this as scheduled, but I chickened out due to threat of heavy rain all day along PA-MD border. Not that much moisture so far today in DC.
Hope the cold arrives soon enough to give them a wintry mix up there. Even sleet would be an improvement at this point.
DCSki Sponsor: DCSki

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?

Join the conversation by logging in.

Don't have an account? Create one here.

0.14 seconds