Go Big or Go Home...
9 posts
9 users
2k+ views
HVdad
December 19, 2021 (edited December 19, 2021)
Member since 01/9/2018 🔗
94 posts
Looks like some resorts that are either unopened or w/limited terrain are trying to deliver on a Christmas wish... taking advantage of a small window of cold air during the evenings tonight and this coming week. Well done MNut, HV, Laurel and Wintergreen (I'm sure there are more). The Vail resorts appear to be demonstrably quiet, or their mountain cams are simply down. Hmmm? 
wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
December 19, 2021
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts
Somebody just posted on the DCSki Facebook page that whitetail is blowing snow now.
MarkRebuck
December 19, 2021
Member since 12/16/2020 🔗
33 posts
Yep.  10:15PM on December 19th, and one webcam shows them blowing snow, another webcam shows a lift running.  Nice to see something happening on the cameras at least! 
Scott - DCSki Editor
December 19, 2021
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

MarkRebuck wrote:

Yep.  10:15PM on December 19th, and one webcam shows them blowing snow, another webcam shows a lift running.  Nice to see something happening on the cameras at least! 

It sure is!  Here's a link to Whitetails's webcam page.

rbrtlav
December 19, 2021
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts
It looks like liberty might have some on as well, but their webcams are a mess right now so it’s hard to tell.
Patf1engineer
December 20, 2021
Member since 01/23/2018 🔗
61 posts

The only thing going big other than terrain park features at some resorts will be lift ticket prices.....

needawax
December 20, 2021
Member since 04/19/2019 🔗
36 posts

HVdad wrote:

Looks like some resorts that are either unopened or w/limited terrain are trying to deliver on a Christmas wish... taking advantage of a small window of cold air during the evenings tonight and this coming week. Well done MNut, HV, Laurel and Wintergreen (I'm sure there are more). The Vail resorts appear to be demonstrably quiet, or their mountain cams are simply down. Hmmm? 

HV has been crankin' since saturday nite, perhaps trying to be able to get past the warmup coming...
cf1.oweb.net

https://cf1.oweb.net/www.hiddenvalleyresort.com/mountainCams/uploads/hvwebvid2.jpg

songfta
December 21, 2021 (edited December 21, 2021)
Member since 05/10/2004 🔗
51 posts

Yup, Liberty is blowing in the terrain park and the lower mountain, though I think it'll all be for naught as their snowmaking window for today (Tuesday, Dec 21) is closing shortly and they'll have two more windows tonight (for about 2 hours) and tomorrow night (for about 5-6 hours). After that the forecast is all above freezing until the 29th, including a good dose of rain on the 27th.

I can't imagine any of the former Snowtime properties being able to get anything substantive open until New Year's weekend - if I were a betting man that would be my wager.

Thefirewarde
December 21, 2021
Member since 09/17/2015 🔗
112 posts
Vail really ought to pick one of the Snowtime areas with a small beginner lift and get some Latitude 90 all weather snowguns.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?